konqueror + save webpages - Debian

This is a discussion on konqueror + save webpages - Debian ; When saving webpages for example with Firefox it also create a xxx_files folder, which contain the images, etc. for the saved webpage, but Konqueror only save the webpage itself. Can it be modified? Thanks in advance! -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email ...

  1. konqueror + save webpages

    When saving webpages for example with Firefox it also create a xxx_files
    folder, which contain the images, etc. for the saved webpage, but Konqueror
    only save the webpage itself. Can it be modified?
    Thanks in advance!

  2. Re: konqueror + save webpages

    On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 06:48:40PM +0200, serja wrote:
    > When saving webpages for example with Firefox it also create a xxx_files
    > folder, which contain the images, etc. for the saved webpage, but Konqueror
    > only save the webpage itself. Can it be modified?
    > Thanks in advance!
    >

    > --

    http://www.leverton.org/ ... So express yourself

  3. Re: konqueror + save webpages

    On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 06:48:40PM +0200, serja wrote:
    > When saving webpages for example with Firefox it also create a xxx_files
    > folder, which contain the images, etc. for the saved webpage, but Konqueror
    > only save the webpage itself. Can it be modified?

    Sorry about the blank message - I hate laptop keyboards

    Have a look at the "Archive Page" option under the Tools menu. It's not
    exactly what you asked for, but it does put the page and all its images into
    one .tar.gz (which it names as .war instead, but it's still a tarfile).

    Nick

  4. Re: konqueror + save webpages

    Thanks, it's on 90% what i'm looking for in Konqui.

    > On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 06:48:40PM +0200, serja wrote:
    > > When saving webpages for example with Firefox it also create a xxx_files
    > > folder, which contain the images, etc. for the saved webpage, but
    > > Konqueror only save the webpage itself. Can it be modified?

    > Sorry about the blank message - I hate laptop keyboards
    >
    > Have a look at the "Archive Page" option under the Tools menu. It's not
    > exactly what you asked for, but it does put the page and all its images
    > into one .tar.gz (which it names as .war instead, but it's still a
    > tarfile).
    >
    > Nick

  5. Re: konqueror + save webpages

    serja wrote:
    > Thanks, it's on 90% what i'm looking for in Konqui.

    Actually, IMHO Konqui's Tools/Archive webpage is much better than what you
    get with Firefox -- I have downloaded tens, maybe hundreds of webpages, and
    their archiving and filing into right folders is much more simple when you
    have just one .war file for each rather than confusing number of folders
    and files.

    Matej

    He is a self-made man and worships his creator.
    -- John Bright