Re: multiple addresses at kmail composer's text completion - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: multiple addresses at kmail composer's text completion - Debian ; El Jueves, 11 de Agosto de 2005 23:07, LeVA escribió: > I have only one entry for one address in my address book, but when kmail is > trying to auto-complete the address I am writing, then somehow the > ...

  1. Re: multiple addresses at kmail composer's text completion

    El Jueves, 11 de Agosto de 2005 23:07, LeVA escribió:
    > I have only one entry for one address in my address book, but when kmail is
    > trying to auto-complete the address I am writing, then somehow the
    > addresses gets duplicated. Please see my attachment.
    > Anyone could tell why is this happening?

    That's because kmail tries to complete from both the email address, and the
    name of the recipient. In this case, the mailinglists have the same name of
    the adress, so you can't see the difference easily.

    But if you try to find my email adress, you can begin the search with "suy..."
    or with "ale...", it will appear only once, because the adress doesn't begin
    with "ale" and my name doesn't starts with "suy".

    I hope my explanation doesn't suck as much as it seems to me. :-)

    --
    Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2
    http://darkshines.net/ - Jabber ID: suy@bulmalug.net

  2. Re: multiple addresses at kmail composer's text completion

    2005. augusztus 12. 01:17,
    Alejandro Exojo
    -> debian-kde@lists.debian.org,:
    > El Jueves, 11 de Agosto de 2005 23:07, LeVA escribió:
    > > I have only one entry for one address in my address book, but when kmail
    > > is trying to auto-complete the address I am writing, then somehow the
    > > addresses gets duplicated. Please see my attachment.
    > > Anyone could tell why is this happening?

    > That's because kmail tries to complete from both the email address, and the
    > name of the recipient. In this case, the mailinglists have the same name of
    > the adress, so you can't see the difference easily.
    >
    > But if you try to find my email adress, you can begin the search with
    > "suy..." or with "ale...", it will appear only once, because the adress
    > doesn't begin with "ale" and my name doesn't starts with "suy".
    >
    > I hope my explanation doesn't suck as much as it seems to me. :-)

    Thanks for the explanation!

    Daniel

    --
    LeVA