Alioth Unavailable? - Debian

This is a discussion on Alioth Unavailable? - Debian ; I want to grab the KDE 3.4.2 packages for my new Debian box, but aptitude is hanging. It returns a '[hanging]' message when trying to connect to pkg-kde.alioth. Is the server down for good? If not, does anyone know if ...

  1. Alioth Unavailable?

    I want to grab the KDE 3.4.2 packages for my new Debian box, but aptitude is
    hanging. It returns a '[hanging]' message when trying to connect to
    pkg-kde.alioth.

    Is the server down for good? If not, does anyone know if this is scheduled
    downtime or a dreaded crash?

    Thanks, Bob

    P.S. When will KDE 3.4.2 make it into the archives?

  2. Re: Alioth Unavailable?

    On Friday 12 August 2005 00:13, Robert Tilley wrote:
    > Is the server down for good? If not, does anyone know if this is
    > scheduled downtime or a dreaded crash?

    Temporary problems that are being worked on.

    Cheers,
    FJP

  3. Re: Alioth Unavailable?

    * Robert Tilley [Thu, 11 Aug 2005 18:13:45 -0400]:

    > Is the server down for good?

    It's down, but should be back soon. But there is no KDE 3.4.2 in
    Alioth.

    http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2.../msg00089.html

    --
    Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

    The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher
    esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.
    -- F. Nietzsche