khotkeys - Debian

This is a discussion on khotkeys - Debian ; I have genius multimedia keyboard and I've setup the extra keys with the small script, which is executed automatically when I start KDE. After that I've made some keybindings in Kcontrol for some applications like Kmail, Firefox, etc. My problem ...

  1. khotkeys

    I have genius multimedia keyboard and I've setup the extra keys with the small
    script, which is executed automatically when I start KDE.
    After that I've made some keybindings in Kcontrol for some applications like
    Kmail, Firefox, etc.
    My problem is that if I occasionally press this keys for a longer period of
    time it execute as much copies of a choosed program as it can. Can I limit
    the number of running applications at the same time (for example only one
    Kmail, Firefox, etc.), to avoid the effect described above, or maybe there is
    some other solution?
    Thanks in advance!

  2. Re: khotkeys

    On Thursday 11 August 2005 18:03, serja wrote:
    > I have genius multimedia keyboard and I've setup the extra keys with the
    > small script, which is executed automatically when I start KDE.
    > After that I've made some keybindings in Kcontrol for some applications
    > like Kmail, Firefox, etc.
    > My problem is that if I occasionally press this keys for a longer period
    > of time it execute as much copies of a choosed program as it can. Can I
    > limit the number of running applications at the same time (for example
    > only one Kmail, Firefox, etc.), to avoid the effect described above, or
    > maybe there is some other solution?

    http://packages.debian.org/unstable/x11/xwit

    Alex.

+ Reply to Thread