jackd upgrade renders kde uninstallable - Debian

This is a discussion on jackd upgrade renders kde uninstallable - Debian ; Hello, please excuse my stupid question but when will a new version of KDE be available in SID that can be installed with the latest jack-packages? I heard about plans replacing arts with jackd cause arts was/is unmaintained upstream actually. ...

  1. jackd upgrade renders kde uninstallable

    Hello,

    please excuse my stupid question but when will a new version of KDE be
    available in SID that can be installed with the latest jack-packages?
    I heard about plans replacing arts with jackd cause arts was/is
    unmaintained upstream actually.

    Best regards,
    Marko

  2. Re: jackd upgrade renders kde uninstallable

    On Monday 08 August 2005 09:42, Marko.Kaiser@t-online.de wrote:
    > please excuse my stupid question but when will a new version of KDE be
    > available in SID that can be installed with the latest jack-packages?

    When it and the packages on which it depends are done.

    > I heard about plans replacing arts with jackd cause arts was/is
    > unmaintained upstream actually.

    I heard they would be using gstreamer.

    You can still install kde using packages from the testing distro to fix the
    broken dependancies.

    Anders

    --
    - Debian/Unstable - KDE 3.4.1 - KMail 1.8.1 -

  3. Re: jackd upgrade renders kde uninstallable

    Anders Ellenshøj Andersen wrote:
    > > I heard about plans replacing arts with jackd cause arts was/is
    > > unmaintained upstream actually.

    > I heard they would be using gstreamer.

    Neither is true. KDE 3.5 will have arts as the only general multimedia
    api. Individual apps may use other backends directly, for example:

    JuK - akode, gstreamer
    Amarok - gstreamer, xine, helix

    KDE 4 will have new kdemm framework which can use different backends at
    user will - arts/gstreamer/xine/akode/etc. The first draft (only arts
    backend for now) was commited to the subversion repository last week -
    http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-commits&...4572400356&w=2

    --
    Hasso Tepper
    KDE Estonian Team

  4. Re: jackd upgrade renders kde uninstallable

    On Monday 08 August 2005 15:08, Hasso Tepper wrote:
    > KDE 4 will have new kdemm framework which can use different backends at
    > user will - arts/gstreamer/xine/akode/etc. The first draft (only arts
    > backend for now) was commited to the subversion repository last week -
    > http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-commits&...4572400356&w=2

    Sound cool.

    Anders

    --
    - Debian/Unstable - KDE 3.4.1 - KMail 1.8.1 -