RAM in kinfocenter - Debian

  1. RAM in kinfocenter

    Why my 512 mb of RAM displayed in kinfocenter as 504 mb?

  2. Re: RAM in kinfocenter

    Are you using integrated video on your motherboard? That is the most common
    cause. The "cards" utilize shared memory and at boot an amount (sometimes
    configurable in BIOS) is allocated by BIOS and is never seen by the OS.

    On 8/6/05, serja wrote:

    > Why my 512 mb of RAM displayed in kinfocenter as 504 mb?
    >

    > --

  3. Re: RAM in kinfocenter

    I have AGP nvidia fx5200 card. And for example woody's kinfocenter displaysmy
    ram correctly, but the newer kinfocenters seems fail to do that.