fonts too big in kde 3.4.0 - Debian

This is a discussion on fonts too big in kde 3.4.0 - Debian ; Hi I'm running kubuntu 5.04 on a laptop with KDE 3.4. after few days the fonts of KDE became bigger... not only in KDE but also in KDM. Indeed I tried to adjust the size in the Fonts section of ...

  1. fonts too big in kde 3.4.0

    Hi

    I'm running kubuntu 5.04 on a laptop with KDE 3.4.

    after few days the fonts of KDE became bigger... not only in KDE but
    also in KDM. Indeed I tried to adjust the size in the Fonts section of
    KDE Control Center, but that works only for some applications (e.g.
    konsole menus) but not for many others (for instance, the gkrellm fonts
    are too big, the fonts in thunderbird are too big - not the ones of the
    message text which I can control, but the menu ones and names of folders).

    any clue?

    I think this happened after an upgrade or after I launched startx
    instead of using kdm, but unfortunately I can't remember...

    many thanks in advance
    Lorenzo

    | Lorenzo Bettini ICQ# lbetto, 16080134 |
    | PhD in Computer Science |
    | Dip. Sistemi e Informatica, Univ. di Firenze |
    | Florence - Italy (GNU/Linux User # 158233) |
    | Home Page : http://www.lorenzobettini.it |
    | http://music.dsi.unifi.it XKlaim language |
    | http://www.lorenzobettini.it/purple Cover Band |
    | http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite |
    | http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt |
    | http://www.lorenzobettini.it/software/gengen |
    | http://www.lorenzobettini.it/software/doublecpp |

  2. Re: fonts too big in kde 3.4.0

    > Hi
    >
    > I'm running kubuntu 5.04 on a laptop with KDE 3.4.
    >
    > after few days the fonts of KDE became bigger... not only in KDE but
    > also in KDM. Indeed I tried to adjust the size in the Fonts section of
    > KDE Control Center, but that works only for some applications (e.g.
    > konsole menus) but not for many others (for instance, the gkrellm fonts
    > are too big, the fonts in thunderbird are too big - not the ones of the
    > message text which I can control, but the menu ones and names of folders).
    >
    > any clue?

    Most likely this happened after dpi setting change.
    Probably you started gconf ant it did that.