gtk doesn't recognize my new fonts from msttcorefonts - Debian

This is a discussion on gtk doesn't recognize my new fonts from msttcorefonts - Debian ; Hi! I've installed the msttcorefonts package. Now in KDE, I can only use the fonts from that package in KDE and GTK2 applications. In GTK1 apps, I can not select for example the arial font with the font selector, because ...

  1. gtk doesn't recognize my new fonts from msttcorefonts

    Hi!

    I've installed the msttcorefonts package.
    Now in KDE, I can only use the fonts from that package in KDE and GTK2
    applications. In GTK1 apps, I can not select for example the arial font with
    the font selector, because that font is not shown in the list (for example
    with xmms).
    If I start xfce4, I can choose the arial font with xmms, but not under kde.

    What could be the problem?

    Thanks!

    Daniel

    --
    LeVA

  2. Re: gtk doesn't recognize my new fonts from msttcorefonts

    2005 m. Liepos 29 d., Penktadienis 16:28, LeVA rašė:
    > What could be the problem?

    Add the FontPath below to the Files section of your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
    or /etc/X11/xorg.conf and restart X server.

    Section "Files"
    FontPath "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType"
    EndSection

  3. Re: gtk doesn't recognize my new fonts from msttcorefonts

    LeVA wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I've installed the msttcorefonts package.
    > Now in KDE, I can only use the fonts from that package in KDE and GTK2

    AFAIR it doesn't change anything to just install the package. You have
    to run
    /usr/sbin/update-ms-fonts
    after installing it.

    Ulrich