GCC++4 ABI transition for KDE? - Debian

This is a discussion on GCC++4 ABI transition for KDE? - Debian ; Ref: http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2.../msg00057.html Given that a number of downstream packages depend on KDE, things are awaiting the GCC++ ABI transition for the main KDE body before the applications can start moving in. What is the plan for the rebuild of Qt/ ...

  1. GCC++4 ABI transition for KDE?

    Ref: http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2.../msg00057.html

    Given that a number of downstream packages depend on KDE, things are awaiting
    the GCC++ ABI transition for the main KDE body before the applications can
    start moving in.

    What is the plan for the rebuild of Qt/ kdelibs with GCC4?

    Mark

  2. Re: GCC++4 ABI transition for KDE?

    * Mark Purcell [Thu, 14 Jul 2005 02:07:15 +0100]:

    Hi Mark,

    > Ref: http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2.../msg00057.html

    > Given that a number of downstream packages depend on KDE, things are awaiting
    > the GCC++ ABI transition for the main KDE body before the applications can
    > start moving in.

    > What is the plan for the rebuild of Qt/ kdelibs with GCC4?

    As tangentially noted here [1], a Qt upload for the C++ ABI transition
    will happen when xorg-x11 is built in all architectures [2]. Then arts
    and kdelibs 3.4.1 will follow.

    [1] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/piper...ly/000264.html
    ("X.org was uploaded to sid yesterday, and I agreed with vorlon
    that we'll upload Qt3 as soon as it's compiled in all architectures.")

    [2] http://people.debian.org/~igloo/stat...rg-x11&arches=
    (Note that at least another upload will be needed.)

    Cheers,

    --
    Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

    You've come to the right place. At debian-devel we are always willing
    to argue over the meanings of words.
    -- seen on debian-devel@l.d.o

  3. Re: GCC++4 ABI transition for KDE?

    On Thursday 14 July 2005 12:14, Adeodato Simó wrote:
    > * Mark Purcell [Thu, 14 Jul 2005 02:07:15 +0100]:

    > > What is the plan for the rebuild of Qt/ kdelibs with GCC4?

    > As tangentially noted here [1], a Qt upload for the C++ ABI
    > transition will happen when xorg-x11 is built in all architectures
    > [2]. Then arts and kdelibs 3.4.1 will follow.

    Do you really have to wait for xorg? Right now only sparc is missing and
    THIS blocks all other packages :-( Couldn't you upload Qt and KDE 3.4.1
    now and KDE 3.4.2 when xorg is built in all architectures?

    Another issue is that GCC 4 still seems to be a bit buggy. I've to use
    GLIBCXX_FORCE_NEW=1 otherwise artsd crashes at KDE startup (I'm running
    unstable with recent packages).

    Cheers,
    André

+ Reply to Thread