Alt-F2 stopped working? - Debian

This is a discussion on Alt-F2 stopped working? - Debian ; IIRC, Alt-F2 used to bring up the "Run command" dialog box. This stopped working for me about two weeks ago, when I was trying to fix my "can't talk to klauncher" problem. I've since upgraded to 3.4.1, but my situation ...

  1. Alt-F2 stopped working?

    IIRC, Alt-F2 used to bring up the "Run command" dialog box. This
    stopped working for me about two weeks ago, when I was trying to fix my
    "can't talk to klauncher" problem. I've since upgraded to 3.4.1, but my
    situation did not improve. Any suggestions on how I can get Alt-F2
    working again?

    darin_strait@yahoo.com
    Database Development and Administration

    "I am always willing to run some hazard of being tedious, in order to be sure that I am perspicuous" Adam Smith

  2. Re: Alt-F2 stopped working?

    On Wednesday 15 June 2005 02:22 pm, darin strait wrote:
    > IIRC, Alt-F2 used to bring up the "Run command" dialog box. This
    > stopped working for me about two weeks ago, when I was trying to fix my
    > "can't talk to klauncher" problem. I've since upgraded to 3.4.1, but my
    > situation did not improve. Any suggestions on how I can get Alt-F2
    > working again?
    >
    > darin_strait@yahoo.com
    > Database Development and Administration
    >
    > "I am always willing to run some hazard of being tedious, in order to be
    > sure that I am perspicuous" Adam Smith
    >

    > __________________________________
    > Discover Yahoo!
    > Get on-the-go sports scores, stock quotes, news and more. Check it out!
    > http://discover.yahoo.com/mobile.html

    Have you checked to make sure it hasn't been disabled in KDE? Go to the
    Control Center, Regional & Accessibility -> Keyboard Shortcuts, and make sure
    that under the Global Shortcuts tab, "Run Command" is set to Alt-F2.
    --
    Ryan Schultz
    -> floating point exception: divide by cucumber

+ Reply to Thread