Question about KMail & KPdf - Debian

This is a discussion on Question about KMail & KPdf - Debian ; Hi all! I've 2 questions to which I haven't found a solution yet. First of all, is there a KPDF plugin for web browsers ? I really like the KPDF in KDE 3.4 but I'm still using acrobat for internet ...

  1. Question about KMail & KPdf

    Hi all!

    I've 2 questions to which I haven't found a solution yet. First of all, is there a KPDF plugin
    for web browsers ? I really like the KPDF in KDE 3.4 but I'm still using acrobat for internet
    usage (and I don't like that I keep a program only for this usage - I'd really like to use only
    KPDF).

    Second question concerns KMail. The thing that I like about Outlook Express is that when
    you have more than 1 e-mail account and you write an e-mail you can choose from which
    account you'd like to send the message. In KMail so far I always just switch the default
    account which is a bit tedious.... So is it possible in KMail to do the mentioned switching?

    Thanks for you help!
    Mateusz Linda

  2. Re: Question about KMail & KPdf

    On Thursday 09 June 2005 22:03, Gregg Belli wrote:
    > > Second question concerns KMail. The thing that I like about Outlook
    > > Express is that when you have more than 1 e-mail account and you
    > > write an e-mail you can choose from which account you'd like to send
    > > the message. In KMail so far I always just switch the default account
    > > which is a bit tedious.... So is it possible in KMail to do the
    > > mentioned switching?

    > For me, Kmail by default has an Identity dropdown as the first item
    > under the toolbars that allows me to choose. Again, 3.4.1 from alioth,
    > fresh install, but I know I've been using this feature forever because,
    > as you know, it rocks.

    You can set whether the identity dropdown (and others; I use the language
    dropdown quite a bit) should be shown using the View menu *when you are
    composing a message*.

  3. Re: Question about KMail & KPdf

    In previous versions (KDE 3.2 series) it was possible to use more than one account in Kmail just fine, but since KDE 3.3 it mess up the different accounts, profiles, etc., so you won't be able to use more then one account successfully. At least I wasn't able to do that on any system with KDE 3.3.X. It looks like KDE 3.4 has the same problem.

    I've 2 questions to which I haven't found a solution yet. First of all, is there a KPDF plugin
    for web browsers ? I really like the KPDF in KDE 3.4 but I'm still using acrobat for internet
    usage (and I don't like that I keep a program only for this usage - I'd really like to use only
    KPDF).

    Second question concerns KMail. The thing that I like about Outlook Express is that when
    you have more than 1 e-mail account and you write an e-mail you can choose from which
    account you'd like to send the message. In KMail so far I always just switch the default
    account which is a bit tedious.... So is it possible in KMail to do the mentioned switching?

    Thanks for you help!
    Mateusz Linda

  4. Re: Question about KMail & KPdf

    On Friday, 10 June 2005 07:56, mekoc wrote:
    > In previous versions (KDE 3.2 series) it was possible to use more than one
    > account in Kmail just fine, but since KDE 3.3 it mess up the different
    > accounts, profiles, etc., so you won't be able to use more then one account
    > successfully. At least I wasn't able to do that on any system with KDE
    > 3.3.X. It looks like KDE 3.4 has the same problem.

    I use kmail with three different accounts every day and I don't have *any*
    problem.

    Best regards

    --
    Isaac Clerencia at Warp Networks, http://www.warp.es
    Work: | Debian:

  5. Re: Question about KMail & KPdf

    On Thursday 09 June 2005 22:46, Frans Pop wrote:
    > You can set whether the identity dropdown (and others; I use the language
    > dropdown quite a bit) should be shown using the View menu *when you are
    > composing a message*.

    Yes, that's right ! in View dropdown menu there is an option called
    Mail-transport - just activate it and you don't have to switch your default
    smtp account all the time !

    But I'm still wondering whether it's possible to use kpdf in mozilla as a
    plugin ? I've just searched the kpdf directories and I didn't found any
    plugin... Maybe someone managed to open PDFs in web browser using KPDF ?

    Best wishes,
    ML

  6. Re: Question about KMail & KPdf

    On Friday, 10 June 2005 09:09, Mateusz Linda wrote:
    > But I'm still wondering whether it's possible to use kpdf in mozilla as a
    > plugin ? I've just searched the kpdf directories and I didn't found any
    > plugin... Maybe someone managed to open PDFs in web browser using KPDF ?

    Sure, but only with Konqueror , as I don't use Mozilla it's not a problem
    for me

    --
    Isaac Clerencia at Warp Networks, http://www.warp.es
    Work: | Debian:

  7. Re: Question about KMail & KPdf

    On Friday 10 June 2005 09:24, Isaac Clerencia wrote:
    > On Friday, 10 June 2005 07:56, mekoc wrote:
    > > In previous versions (KDE 3.2 series) it was possible to use more than
    > > one account in Kmail just fine, but since KDE 3.3 it mess up the
    > > different accounts, profiles, etc., so you won't be able to use more then
    > > one account successfully. At least I wasn't able to do that on any system
    > > with KDE 3.3.X. It looks like KDE 3.4 has the same problem.

    > I use kmail with three different accounts every day and I don't have *any*
    > problem.

    I can confirm this.
    My setup under KDE 3.3.2 contains three POP3 accounts, two IMAP account (one
    of them using disconnected IMAP, one standard IMAP) and four SMTP accounts
    together withn five identities with any problems.

    Cheers,
    Kevin

  8. Re: Question about KMail & KPdf

    El Viernes, 10 de Junio de 2005 11:32, Kevin Krammer escribió:
    [...]
    > (one of them using disconnected IMAP, one standard IMAP) and four SMTP
    > accounts together withn five identities with any problems.

    By the way, am I the only unable to filter incoming messages in IMAP?
    Thunderbird can do that, but I do not know how to do it in KMail, even in KDE
    3.4.1.

    Thanks in advance,

    Ender.
    --
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
    -- Darth Vader (Star Wars).

  9. Re: Question about KMail & KPdf

    On Friday 10 June 2005 18:08, David Martinez Moreno wrote:

    > By the way, am I the only unable to filter incoming messages in IMAP?
    > Thunderbird can do that, but I do not know how to do it in KMail, even in
    > KDE 3.4.1.

    I haven't tried this yet, but I guess it depends on the IMAP access mechanism.
    When using normal IMAP the messages are always on the server and KMail only
    fetches those you want to see.
    For this setup you'll need server-side filtering, usually through Sieve,
    KDE3.2 could have a Sieve wizard for that.

    If you use disconnected IMAP, messages are fetched (synchronized) by KMail and
    local KMail filters should be applied like on incoming POP3 messages.

    Cheers,
    Kevin

  10. Re: Question about KMail & KPdf

    On Friday 10 June 2005 00:56, mekoc wrote:
    > In previous versions (KDE 3.2 series) it was possible to use more than one
    > account in Kmail just fine, but since KDE 3.3 it mess up the different
    > accounts, profiles, etc., so you won't be able to use more then one account
    > successfully. At least I wasn't able to do that on any system with KDE
    > 3.3.X. It looks like KDE 3.4 has the same problem.

    Sounds like it's time to move your .kde out of the way and start over. Crap
    like this happens when you use testing/unstable.