twinkle freeze - Debian

This is a discussion on twinkle freeze - Debian ; Hello, I installed ekiga, linphone, kphone, twinkle on my laptop and only twinkle works approximatively well: I can reach a correspondant and converse with him but often twinkle freeze ;-) Has someone found a good solution for SIP phone ? ...

  1. twinkle freeze

    Hello,
    I installed ekiga, linphone, kphone, twinkle on my laptop and only
    twinkle works approximatively well:
    I can reach a correspondant and converse with him but often twinkle
    freeze ;-)
    Has someone found a good solution for SIP phone ?

    Tanks for some advices.

    my laptop acer aspire 5102
    I use unstable (the 1:1.0-3 version of twinkle is in unstable)
    uname -r: 2.6.18-4-amd64

    --
    Gérard

  2. Re: twinkle freeze

    On Sun, 13 May 2007 12:35:50 +0200
    Gerard Robin wrote:

    > Hello,
    > I installed ekiga, linphone, kphone, twinkle on my laptop and only
    > twinkle works approximatively well:
    > I can reach a correspondant and converse with him but often twinkle
    > freeze ;-)
    > Has someone found a good solution for SIP phone ?
    >
    > Tanks for some advices.
    >
    > my laptop acer aspire 5102
    > I use unstable (the 1:1.0-3 version of twinkle is in unstable)
    > uname -r: 2.6.18-4-amd64

    I'm using Etch - Ekiga works great for me. I talk to other Ekiga users
    and to Windows people who are using Gizmo. You might try Gizmo - there
    is now a 3.0 Beta version for Linux in a .deb package.

    HTH,
    Alan

    > --
    > Gérard

  3. Re: twinkle freeze

    On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 07:10:48AM +1000, Typhoon wrote:
    >From: Typhoon
    >To: Gerard Robin
    >Cc: debian-laptop
    >Subject: Re: twinkle freeze
    >
    >On Sun, 13 May 2007 12:35:50 +0200
    >Gerard Robin wrote:
    >
    >> twinkle works approximatively well:

    >I'm using Etch - Ekiga works great for me. I talk to other Ekiga users
    >and to Windows people who are using Gizmo. You might try Gizmo - there
    >is now a 3.0 Beta version for Linux in a .deb package.

    Thanks for your advice but the gizmo .deb is not for amd64.
    I keep twinkle anyway.
    I have to learn to make a package debian "worthy of this name" ...
    --
    Gérard

+ Reply to Thread