Noob question re Kernel update and iptables - Debian

This is a discussion on Noob question re Kernel update and iptables - Debian ; Hi, Im very new to Linux. I just installed Deb etch. I got an update notice to update my kernel I updated it. Now i get the error: iptables v1.3.6 can't initialize iptables table 'nat' etc...... First of all I ...

  1. Noob question re Kernel update and iptables

    Hi,
    Im very new to Linux.
    I just installed Deb etch.
    I got an update notice to update my kernel
    I updated it.
    Now i get the error:
    iptables v1.3.6 can't initialize iptables table 'nat' etc......

    First of all I do not quite understand everything about Linux having come from a Windows environment.
    What do I do to solve this problem?

    I have a dell 5150 laptop and dell 2300 router

    Thanks,
    Frank

    __________________________________________________ __________________________________Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

  2. Re: Noob question re Kernel update and iptables

    On Sat, May 12, 2007 at 11:06:03AM -0700, Frank Parker wrote:
    > I got an update notice to update my kernel
    > I updated it.

    to which version? (try 'uname -r')

    > Now i get the error:
    > iptables v1.3.6 can't initialize iptables table 'nat' etc......

    you need to provide more infos, eg report a few msg lines before and after
    such msg - copy-paste as they are; that 'etc...' might tell something more.

    --
    paolo