help with my wireless card, please - Debian

This is a discussion on help with my wireless card, please - Debian ; > I have a laptop averatec 2700. I installed the rt2500 module and when i restart my laptop, the laptop work very slowly. So i type ifconfig ra0 downand my pc back to work well. I installed this driver with ...

  1. help with my wireless card, please

    > I have a laptop averatec 2700. I installed the rt2500 module and when i restart my laptop, the laptop work very slowly. So i type ifconfig ra0 downand my pc back to work well. I installed this driver with my old debian (sarge kernel 2.4) and all very good but in my new linux etch i have this problem.
    >
    > any that help me
    >
    > please don't tell me that install ndiswrapper.

    I have saw that if i run my linux in mode single user my pc work well. whythis?
    the wireless card work well when i run my linux en single user and it only work in terminal mode or console. In the moment that me pass to graphic mode (kde) my pc work slowly. whyyyyyyyy?

    please help meeeee

    Descubre Live.com - tu propia página de inicio, personalizada para ver rápidamente todo lo que te interesa en un mismo sitio.
    http://www.live.com/getstarted

  2. Re: help with my wireless card, please

    On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 02:56:10AM +0000, javier melendez wrote:

    > > I have a laptop averatec 2700. I installed the rt2500 module and when i restart my laptop, the laptop work very slowly. So i type ifconfig ra0 down and my pc back to work well. I installed this driver with my old debian (sarge kernel 2.4) and all very good but in my new linux etch i have this problem.
    > >
    > > any that help me
    > >
    > > please don't tell me that install ndiswrapper.

    > I have saw that if i run my linux in mode single user my pc work well. why this?
    > the wireless card work well when i run my linux en single user and it only work in terminal mode or console. In the moment that me pass to graphic mode (kde) my pc work slowly. whyyyyyyyy?

    I have an Averatec 3250, which has a Via Unichrome card. The default
    behavior of xorg is to use the "via" driver. If your xorg.conf file has
    a "Device" section which says

    Driver "via"

    then try adding a line

    Option "DisableIRQ"

    before the end of that Device section and see if that helps.

    On my machine the wired ethernet stops working under X without that
    option. I remember reports that the wireless ethernet also had
    this problem on some Averatecs.

    Selim T. Erdoğan