i have a big problem with my rt2500 pci wireless - Debian

This is a discussion on i have a big problem with my rt2500 pci wireless - Debian ; I have a laptop averatec 2700. I installed the rt2500 module and when i restart my laptop, the laptop work very slowly. So i type ifconfig ra0 down and my pc back to work well. I installed this driver with ...

  1. i have a big problem with my rt2500 pci wireless

    I have a laptop averatec 2700. I installed the rt2500 module and when i restart my laptop, the laptop work very slowly. So i type ifconfig ra0 down and my pc back to work well. I installed this driver with my old debian (sarge kernel 2.4) and all very good but in my new linux etch i have this problem.

    any that help me

    please don't tell me that install ndiswrapper.

    thanks
    Exprésate - diseña tu página de inicio de Live.com como más te guste.
    http://www.live.com/getstarted

  2. Re: i have a big problem with my rt2500 pci wireless

    On Tue, 1 May 2007 21:54:58 +0000
    javier melendez wrote:

    > I have a laptop averatec 2700. I installed the rt2500 module and when
    > i restart my laptop, the laptop work very slowly. So i type ifconfig
    > ra0 down and my pc back to work well. I installed this driver with my
    > old debian (sarge kernel 2.4) and all very good but in my new linux
    > etch i have this problem.
    >
    > any that help me

    A quick test: Install the 486 version of the kernel you have installed.
    (I guess your laptop has a Pentium?) That helped on an VAIO which was
    running extremely slow on the new etch kernel (the 686 version).