Turn off PCMCIA - Debian

This is a discussion on Turn off PCMCIA - Debian ; Hi I have a problem with a Vaio laptop. After PCMCIA loads the whole boot and system is very slow. Older computers boot faster... I don't know what the problem is, but I'd like to disable pcmcia that I enabled ...

  1. Turn off PCMCIA

    Hi

    I have a problem with a Vaio laptop. After PCMCIA loads the whole boot
    and system is very slow. Older computers boot faster... I don't know
    what the problem is, but I'd like to disable pcmcia that I enabled
    during installation. Problem is that I cannot figure out how to do it.
    Even if I add nopcmcia and acpi=off to the grub boot it loads pcmcia.

    Googling doesn't show anywhere how to get rid of pcmcia except during
    installation.

    Thanks in advance

    Preben

  2. Re: Turn off PCMCIA

    On Sat, Apr 28, 2007 at 09:57:47PM +0200, Preben Randhol wrote:
    > and system is very slow. Older computers boot faster... I don't know
    > what the problem is, but I'd like to disable pcmcia that I enabled

    try to post post-boot dmesg

    > during installation. Problem is that I cannot figure out how to do it.
    > Even if I add nopcmcia and acpi=off to the grub boot it loads pcmcia.

    likely you've got discover(1) installed or yenta/whatever-pcmcia-related
    module in /etc/modules.

    --
    paolo

  3. Re: Turn off PCMCIA

    On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 22:34:21 +0200
    Paolo wrote:

    > likely you've got discover(1) installed or
    > yenta/whatever-pcmcia-related module in /etc/modules.

    Thanks!

    Preben

  4. Re: Turn off PCMCIA