Using whole LCD area on toshiba satellite 2800-s202 - Debian

This is a discussion on Using whole LCD area on toshiba satellite 2800-s202 - Debian ; Hi, I don't know the terms for this, so I couldn't properly look under the web for it, . On this toshiba, the console covers kind of a 70% of the whole LCD screen, meaning there are some borders left ...

  1. Using whole LCD area on toshiba satellite 2800-s202

    Hi,

    I don't know the terms for this, so I couldn't properly look under the
    web for it, . On this toshiba, the console covers kind of a 70% of
    the whole LCD screen, meaning there are some borders left unused in
    all directions. When running X that's not the case. I'm wondering if
    there's a way to make use of the whole LCD area even under the console
    (VT). This doesn't seem to get corrected even when using the console
    frame buffer (for the corresponding video card, which in this case is
    savage).

    Any suggestions are wlecome.

    Thanks,

    --
    Javier

  2. Re: Using whole LCD area on toshiba satellite 2800-s202

    On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 10:18:19AM -0600, Javier Vasquez wrote:
    > I don't know the terms for this, so I couldn't properly look under the
    > web for it, . On this toshiba, the console covers kind of a 70% of

    maybe 'fullscreen mode on WGA ...' or some such ?

    > the whole LCD screen, meaning there are some borders left unused in
    > all directions. When running X that's not the case. I'm wondering if
    > there's a way to make use of the whole LCD area even under the console

    that's usually a BIOS setting. Check the manual.
    If it boots up widescreen than shrink to normal (ie BIOS boot msgs are on
    widescreen, then SO msgs are on normal width) then there's likely room for
    playing with the console mode set by the bootloader (LILO, grub, ...).
    Else (always shrinked) it's all BIOS biz.

    HTH
    --
    paolo

  3. Re: Using whole LCD area on toshiba satellite 2800-s202

    Javier,
    I have setting in BIOS for screen on my Toshiba.
    If I change this setting to ENABLED, console stretch on 100% of the LCD.
    --
    Best regards,
    Alexey

    2007/2/12, Javier Vasquez :