T42p, Etch and Beryl/Compiz - Debian

This is a discussion on T42p, Etch and Beryl/Compiz - Debian ; Hi, I'm trying to run Compiz/Beryl on my T42p, but nothing works. My Xorg works fine, with drm/dri, aiglx, etc... glxgears report around 1600 fps, and I'm using "radeon" driver. Any idea? Thanks in advance. -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to ...

  1. T42p, Etch and Beryl/Compiz

    Hi,

    I'm trying to run Compiz/Beryl on my T42p, but nothing works.

    My Xorg works fine, with drm/dri, aiglx, etc... glxgears report around
    1600 fps, and I'm using "radeon" driver.

    Any idea?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: T42p, Etch and Beryl/Compiz

    On Mit, 07 Feb 2007, François TOURDE wrote:

    > I'm trying to run Compiz/Beryl on my T42p, but nothing works.

    As always, nothing is a nice word but _not_ very useful in an error description.

    What did you try?
    What was the result?
    What did you expect?

    --
    Florian Reitmeir

  3. Re: T42p, Etch and Beryl/Compiz

    Le 13551ième jour après Epoch,
    Florian Reitmeir écrivait:

    > On Mit, 07 Feb 2007, François TOURDE wrote:
    >
    >> I'm trying to run Compiz/Beryl on my T42p, but nothing works.

    > As always, nothing is a nice word but _not_ very useful in an error
    >description.

    Yes, you're right ... I'll try to be more descriptive:

    >From a gnome session terminal, I launch "compiz --replace" or

    "beryl-manager". Then alldecorations disapears (title, scrollers,
    etc...), the mouse is alive, but no actions. Mouse pointer disapears
    within the terminal window, but is present elsewhere.

    > What did you expect?

    hum... A 3D workspace ?

    Using other builds of Beryl, I can obtain the following message:

    --8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-----
    Checking for non power of two texture support : failed

    Support for non power of two textures missing
    --8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-----

    all previous checks were correct (XComposite, RandR, etc...).

    using glxinfo, I can have direct rendering on or off, depending of the
    following section in xorg.conf:

    --8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-----
    Section "Extensions"
    Option "Composite" "Enable"
    EndSection
    --8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-----

    with it: rendering off
    without: rendering on

  4. Re: T42p, Etch and Beryl/Compiz

    Hi,

    On Mit, 07 Feb 2007, François TOURDE wrote:

    > Le 13551ième jour après Epoch,
    > Florian Reitmeir écrivait:
    >
    > > On Mit, 07 Feb 2007, François TOURDE wrote:
    > >
    > >> I'm trying to run Compiz/Beryl on my T42p, but nothing works.

    > > As always, nothing is a nice word but _not_ very useful in an error
    > >description.

    > Yes, you're right ... I'll try to be more descriptive:
    >
    > >From a gnome session terminal, I launch "compiz --replace" or

    > "beryl-manager". Then alldecorations disapears (title, scrollers,
    > etc...), the mouse is alive, but no actions. Mouse pointer disapears
    > within the terminal window, but is present elsewhere.

    did you try running this command as root? or use sudo?

    --
    Florian Reitmeir

  5. Re: [Solved] T42p, Etch and Beryl/Compiz

    Florian Reitmeir écrivait:

    > Hi,
    >
    > On Mit, 07 Feb 2007, François TOURDE wrote:
    >
    >> Le 13551ième jour après Epoch,
    >> Florian Reitmeir écrivait:

    >> > As always, nothing is a nice word but _not_ very useful in an error
    >> >description.

    >> Yes, you're right ... I'll try to be more descriptive:
    >>
    >> >From a gnome session terminal, I launch "compiz --replace" or

    >> "beryl-manager". Then alldecorations disapears (title, scrollers,
    >> etc...), the mouse is alive, but no actions. Mouse pointer disapears
    >> within the terminal window, but is present elsewhere.

    > did you try running this command as root? or use sudo?

    ??? Why? This is not a "root" command.

    But I've found the solution...

    fglrx packages (kernel + driver) were "diverting" libGL, implying some
    unresolved references (using "export LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose && glxinfo"
    to see that).

    Purging fglrx packets solved the problem.

    Many thanks

  6. Re: T42p, Etch and Beryl/Compiz

  7. Re: T42p, Etch and Beryl/Compiz

    Eddy Petrișor écrivait:

    > What video card do you have?

    lspci said:

    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc M10 NT [FireGL Mobility T2] (rev 80)

    But the problem is now solved. See my previous reply.

+ Reply to Thread