News Flash - Debian

This is a discussion on News Flash - Debian ; Steve Jobs is promoting the idea of ending DRM. Read at http://blogs.marketwatch.com/bambi/2..._jobs_has.html Sebastian -- "...heart and soul....one will burn." - Joy Division...

  1. News Flash

    --
    "...heart and soul....one will burn."
    - Joy Division

  2. Re: [ltp] News Flash

    On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 03:19:17PM -0800, Baz wrote:
    > Steve Jobs is promoting the idea of ending DRM. Read at
    > http://blogs.marketwatch.com/bambi/2..._jobs_has.html

    Could you please refrain from cross-posting to so many lists,
    particularly when your message is off-topic for all of them.

    FUs set to debian-user, a fairly arbitrary choice.

    --
    Jon Dowland

  3. Re: [ltp] News Flash

    On 2/8/07, Jon Dowland wrote:

    > On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 03:19:17PM -0800, Baz wrote:
    > > Steve Jobs is promoting the idea of ending DRM. Read at
    > > http://blogs.marketwatch.com/bambi/2..._jobs_has.html

    > Could you please refrain from cross-posting to so many lists,
    > particularly when your message is off-topic for all of them.
    >
    > FUs set to debian-user, a fairly arbitrary choice.
    >
    > --
    > Jon Dowland
    > --

    How is it off-topic? To you perhaps - get down off your high-horse.

    --
    "...heart and soul....one will burn."
    - Joy Division

  4. Re: News Flash

    Baz wrote:

    > Steve Jobs is promoting the idea of ending DRM. Read at
    > http://blogs.marketwatch.com/bambi/2..._jobs_has.html

    I'll wait until he practices what he preaches and stops hocking DRM music on
    iTunes.

  5. Re: News Flash

    On 2/8/07, Paul Johnson wrote:

    > Baz wrote:
    >
    > > Steve Jobs is promoting the idea of ending DRM. Read at
    > > http://blogs.marketwatch.com/bambi/2..._jobs_has.html

    > I'll wait until he practices what he preaches and stops hocking DRM music
    > on
    > iTunes.
    >

    > --

    Yea - I agree - but, it certainly was a surprise. At least it's a move in
    the right direction.

    --
    "...heart and soul....one will burn."
    - Joy Division

  6. Re: News Flash

    Baz wrote:
    > Yea - I agree - but, it certainly was a surprise. At least it's a move in
    > the right direction.

    It's a con. He knows the recorded music industry will never allow him to
    make good on what he says, so it's safe for him to say it. "I'm a good
    guy, it's those guys who make me do bad stuff!"

    I'm not an iTunes user. Is it true that independant artists cannot
    sell DRM-free media through iTunes even if they want to? I think that
    demonstrates Job's commitment to DRM-free media.
    --
    Sam Couter | mailto:sam@couter.id.au
    | jabber:sam@teknohaus.dyndns.org
    OpenPGP fingerprint: A46B 9BB5 3148 7BEA 1F05 5BD5 8530 03AE DE89 C75C

+ Reply to Thread