slow mouse cursor - Debian

This is a discussion on slow mouse cursor - Debian ; I just did a fresh etch install on a sony vaio pcg-r505 laptop. I have had debian installed on this before, but it has been a while. I am having a bit of a problem with the mouse cursor being ...

  1. slow mouse cursor

    I just did a fresh etch install on a sony vaio pcg-r505 laptop. I have
    had debian installed on this before, but it has been a while. I am
    having a bit of a problem with the mouse cursor being really slow. I
    have changed the acceleration in gnome, but with no effect. I have also
    tried logging into twm, but the problem persists. This would lead me to
    believe that the problem is in x and not wm dependent.

    It also occurs to me that this might be a hardware problem. I don't
    think so, as this is the only problem it is showing, but I guess it is
    possible.

    Is there a setting in the mouse configuration in xorg.conf that I am
    missing?

    Thanks for your help,
    rdc
    --
    Robert D. Crawford rdc1x@comcast.net

    A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on.
    -- Carl Sandburg

  2. Re: slow mouse cursor

    "Francisco Zabala" writes:

    > add this to your xorg.conf in lieu of whatever config you currently
    > have for synaptics.

    I forgot to reply to the list...

    This did the trick, thanks.

    rdc
    --
    Robert D. Crawford rdc1x@comcast.net

    Cum tacent, clamant. When they are silent, they shout. -Cicero