Tracking point on Thinkpad T23 - Debian

This is a discussion on Tracking point on Thinkpad T23 - Debian ; Hello, i'm a newbie on Linux, and have just install Debian Sarge on my T23. But I have problem with the tracking point on my T23. It doesn't work. So I must use my USB mouse. I read on Internet ...

  1. Tracking point on Thinkpad T23

    Hello,

    i'm a newbie on Linux, and have just install Debian Sarge on my T23.
    But I have problem with the tracking point on my T23. It doesn't work.
    So I must use my USB mouse.
    I read on Internet that I must set the XF86Config to refer to
    /dev/psaux, but it still didn't work.
    It was once work, when I change my XF86Config to refer to /dev/psaux,
    after that I tried to restart, and tried "cat /dev/psaux", it gave
    response, and when I tried to get into my KDE, it worked.

    But unfortunately, the next day when I start my debian login windows,
    the tracking point didn't work.... (just as before), and I tried to
    restart, but still the same.

    I thought that my tracking point is broken or somewhat like that. But
    when I move it in shell, it works (the blinking pointer moved).
    Now I have no idea, what I must do to make it work.

    Maybe is there someone who have any advice?

    Thanks.
    Regards,
    Heru

  2. Re: Tracking point on Thinkpad T23

    You can try /dev/input/mice
    and appropriately configure it
    my config (for help is below)
    ---------------------------------------
    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Configured Mouse"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "CorePointer"
    Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
    Option "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
    Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
    EndSection

    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Synaptics Touchpad"
    Driver "synaptics"
    Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
    Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
    Option "Protocol" "auto-dev"
    Option "HorizScrollDelta" "0"
    EndSection
    ---------------------------------
    I use IBM-T42 and installed the synaptics driver from the net.

    --
    Bhasker C V
    Registered Linux user: #306349 (counter.li.org)

  3. Re: Tracking point on Thinkpad T23

    On Sunday 28 January 2007 02:57 am, Heru Martinus Salim wrote:

    My track point works on my T22 with this:

    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Configured Mouse"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "CorePointer"