Re: Unable to Unmount Flash Drive [Solved] - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: Unable to Unmount Flash Drive [Solved] - Debian ; On 1/2/07, davide wrote: > > Baz wrote: > > > Hello - > > > > I'm getting the following error message every time I attempt to unmount > my > > USB flash drive. > > > > ...

  1. Re: Unable to Unmount Flash Drive [Solved]

    On 1/2/07, davide wrote:

    > Baz wrote:
    >
    > > Hello -
    > >
    > > I'm getting the following error message every time I attempt to unmount

    > my
    > > USB flash drive.
    > >
    > > Error
    > >
    > > Cannot unmount volume
    > >
    > > The volume was probably mounted manually on the command line.
    > >
    > > Details
    > >
    > > Device to unmount is not in /media/.hal-mtab so it is not mounted by HAL
    > >
    > > Contrary to the message, I didn't mount it manually on the command line.
    > > It's been occurring now about a week. Previously, there was no

    > problem.
    >
    > try removing gnome-mount (if installed), it solved for me some weeks ago.
    >

    > --

    Thanks. I uninstalled gnome-mount last night. So far, so good.

    --
    "...heart and soul....one will burn."
    - Joy Division

  2. Re: Unable to Unmount Flash Drive [Solved]

    On 1/4/07, Baz wrote:
    > Thanks. I uninstalled gnome-mount last night. So far, so good.

    :-)
    glad it worked.