stt - Debian

This is a discussion on stt - Debian ; /I want to enable speech to text functionality but, I don't know how. Any advise? operator /...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: stt

  1. stt

    /I want to enable speech to text functionality but, I don't know how.
    Any advise?
    operator
    /


  2. Re: stt

    On Wed, 2006-12-27 at 22:11 -0500, operator wrote:

    > I want to enable speech to text functionality but, I don't know how.
    > Any advise?
    > operator



    I don't know how good these are, but there are two KDE packages that
    seem to provide something of this functionality:

    ksayit - a frontend for the KDE Text-to-Speech system

    kttsd - a Text-to-Speech system for KDE


    Regards,
    Andrew McMillan.

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Andrew @ Catalyst .Net .NZ Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St, Wellington
    WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/ PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
    DDI: +64(4)803-2201 MOB: +64(272)DEBIAN OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
    You have Egyptian flu: you're going to be a mummy.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------


    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)

    iD8DBQBFlCvQjJA0f48GgBIRArQTAJ0SrdoeHNiLgyuTSddG4H duPU1QZgCgn3ex
    48bIgRoshw5DdilOhh4HXn4=
    =Xq28
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


  3. Re: stt

    On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 22:11:49 -0500, operator said:

    > /I want to enable speech to text functionality but, I don't know how.
    > Any advise? operator /


    By speech to text, I assume you mean speech recognition, which is much
    harder than text to speech.

    The only free software that I know of is the Sphinx series of software.
    Sphinx 2 is in Debian.

    I've never used it, though, so I can't say how good or bad it is.

    Package: sphinx2-bin
    Description: speech recognition utilities
    Sphinx 2 is a real-time, speaker-independent speech recognition system.

  4. Re: stt

    /Not text to speech, but instead, speech to text. I want to write an
    e-book without typing my fingers off and wearing out my keyboard. Speech
    to text is also a nice luxury feature that I miss from windows.
    operator
    /
    Andrew McMillan wrote:

    > On Wed, 2006-12-27 at 22:11 -0500, operator wrote:
    >
    >> /I want to enable speech to text functionality but, I don't know how./
    >> /Any advise?/
    >> /operator/

    >
    >
    > I don't know how good these are, but there are two KDE packages that
    > seem to provide something of this functionality:
    >
    > ksayit - a frontend for the KDE Text-to-Speech system
    >
    > kttsd - a Text-to-Speech system for KDE
    >
    >
    > Regards,
    > Andrew McMillan.
    >
    > -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > Andrew @ Catalyst .Net .NZ Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St, Wellington
    > WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/ PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
    > DDI: +64(4)803-2201 MOB: +64(272)DEBIAN OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
    > You have Egyptian flu: you're going to be a mummy.
    > -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >



  5. Re: stt

    /Where are the examples? Where do I get instructions?
    thank You for Your help
    operator
    /
    Hubert Chan wrote:

    >On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 22:11:49 -0500, operator said:
    >
    >
    >
    >>/I want to enable speech to text functionality but, I don't know how.
    >>Any advise? operator /
    >>
    >>

    >
    >By speech to text, I assume you mean speech recognition, which is much
    >harder than text to speech.
    >
    >The only free software that I know of is the Sphinx series of software.
    >Sphinx 2 is in Debian.
    >
    >I've never used it, though, so I can't say how good or bad it is.
    >
    >Package: sphinx2-bin
    >Description: speech recognition utilities
    > Sphinx 2 is a real-time, speaker-independent speech recognition system.
    > .
    > This package contains examples and utilities that use Sphinx. It also
    > includes a sample language model that is capable of recognizing simple
    > commands like "go forward ten meters" and other commands one might use to
    > tell a robot where to move.
    >
    >
    >



  6. Re: stt

    On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 05:46:03 +0000, operator said:

    > /Where are the examples? Where do I get instructions? thank You for
    > Your help operator /


    I've never used sphinx, but you can find out more information about it
    from:
    http://cmusphinx.sourceforge.net/html/cmusphinx.php

    PS. you don't need to Cc: me, as I follow the list already.

    --
    Hubert Chan -- Jabber: hubert@uhoreg.ca
    PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA http://www.uhoreg.ca/
    Fingerprint: 96C5 012F 5F74 A5F7 1FF7 5291 AF29 C719 124B 61FA


    --
    To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-laptop-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
    with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

+ Reply to Thread