iTunes & Linux (Debian) - Debian

This is a discussion on iTunes & Linux (Debian) - Debian ; So, it appears the only way to play music purchased from Apple (mp4 audio files) on Linux is to burn a CD, then rip them - or, use CrossOver Office. Yes? Sebastian...

  1. iTunes & Linux (Debian)

    So, it appears the only way to play music purchased from Apple (mp4 audio
    files) on Linux is to burn a CD, then rip them - or, use CrossOver Office.
    Yes?

    Sebastian

  2. Re: iTunes & Linux (Debian)

    Baz wrote:
    > So, it appears the only way to play music purchased from Apple (mp4
    > audio files) on Linux is to burn a CD, then rip them - or, use CrossOver
    > Office. Yes?

    I haven't purchased any music from Apple, but you should be able to play
    mp4 files with MPlayer. If Apple uses DRM, which I'm pretty sure they
    do, you may need to also use a non-free codec or similar decrypting
    software to make it playable outside of iTunes.

    --Ben

  3. Re: iTunes & Linux (Debian)

    Try having a look at Hymn (http://hymn-project.org).

    Seth

    Baz wrote:
    > So, it appears the only way to play music purchased from Apple (mp4
    > audio files) on Linux is to burn a CD, then rip them - or, use CrossOver
    > Office. Yes?
    >
    > Sebastian

  4. Re: iTunes & Linux (Debian)

    Am Mittwoch 27 Dezember 2006 04:28 schrieb Baz:
    > So, it appears the only way to play music purchased from Apple (mp4
    > audio files) on Linux is to burn a CD, then rip them - or, use
    > CrossOver Office. Yes?

    Hello,

    I recommend having a look at magnatune.com (http://www.magnatune.com) for
    DRM free music.