laptop with crypted disks - Debian

This is a discussion on laptop with crypted disks - Debian ; hi, i want to rebuilt my debian (unstable) system on my laptop, using a crypted setup (just in case). i would like to use etch installer that supports the lvm and ciphered installation. i've only a doubt, i would like ...

  1. laptop with crypted disks

    hi,
    i want to rebuilt my debian (unstable) system on my laptop, using a crypted
    setup (just in case).
    i would like to use etch installer that supports the lvm and ciphered
    installation.

    i've only a doubt, i would like to keep the Other OS (for some application I
    need) but the lvm setup ask me about formatting all the first disk. Is
    there a way to keep the OtherOS and use the rest of the disk for a ciphered
    installation?

  2. Re: laptop with crypted disks

    Hi

    On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 23:04:01 +0100
    davide wrote:

    > i've only a doubt, i would like to keep the Other OS (for some
    > application I need) but the lvm setup ask me about formatting all the
    > first disk. Is there a way to keep the OtherOS and use the rest of
    > the disk for a ciphered installation?

    Yes. Just go the "Manual" way through the installation, and install via
    LVM then. I've done that successfully yesterday, my other 20GB
    partition did not get swept away.

    Good luck/have fun.

    Regards, Alexander

    --