Asus M2400N & kernel 2.6.19 - Debian

This is a discussion on Asus M2400N & kernel 2.6.19 - Debian ; Hi, just a quick note for owners of Asus (and maybe other) notebooks with broken BIOSes: kernel 2.6.19 won't boot on your machine if you have local APIC enabled. Disable it in the kernel configuration or, if you use Debian's ...

  1. Asus M2400N & kernel 2.6.19

    Hi,

    just a quick note for owners of Asus (and maybe other) notebooks with
    broken BIOSes: kernel 2.6.19 won't boot on your machine if you have
    local APIC enabled. Disable it in the kernel configuration or, if you
    use Debian's stock kernels, pass "nolapic" as parameter to the kernel.

    J.
    --
    I start many things but I have yet to finish a single one.
    [Agree] [Disagree]

  2. Re: Asus M2400N & kernel 2.6.19

  3. Re: Asus M2400N & kernel 2.6.19

    On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 08:33:16AM +0100, dieEasy wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I own an Asus A6T-AP025H and occasionally experienced kernel panic due
    > to apic enabled on both 2.6.18 and 2.6.19 (compiled by me). Of course
    > disabling it solves the problem, but I tried just rebooting and it worked.
    > Don't know if it can be related, just my 2 cents.

    Hi,

    My laptop is ASUS M2400Ne and works with a 2.6.18 kernel compiled
    with apic and lapic, no panic.

    Wang Xu

  4. Re: Asus M2400N & kernel 2.6.19

    WANG Xu:
    > On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 08:33:16AM +0100, dieEasy wrote:
    >>
    >> I own an Asus A6T-AP025H and occasionally experienced kernel panic due
    >> to apic enabled on both 2.6.18 and 2.6.19 (compiled by me). Of course
    >> disabling it solves the problem, but I tried just rebooting and it worked.
    >> Don't know if it can be related, just my 2 cents.

    > My laptop is ASUS M2400Ne and works with a 2.6.18 kernel compiled
    > with apic and lapic, no panic.

    With my M2400N, 2.6.18 worked just fine with lapic, too. But 2.6.19
    didn't even boot.

    J.
    --
    My memories gild my life with rare transcendance.
    [Agree] [Disagree]

+ Reply to Thread