Debian 2.6.17-9 Cisco Aironet 350 can't get a compiled module to run - Debian

This is a discussion on Debian 2.6.17-9 Cisco Aironet 350 can't get a compiled module to run - Debian ; Hi all, not sure using the proper NG, but let's have try I having an old HP Omnibook900 and I'm compiling an optimized Linux image for it under Debian distro. When using the defacto package from Debian the pcmcia card ...

  1. Debian 2.6.17-9 Cisco Aironet 350 can't get a compiled module to run

    Hi all,

    not sure using the proper NG, but let's have try I having an old HP
    Omnibook900 and I'm compiling an optimized Linux image for it under
    Debian distro.
    When using the defacto package from Debian the pcmcia card is configured
    an work like a charm. When I do use my compiled kernel I have always the
    same problem (I have tried many .config w/o any success).
    The card is recognized in both cases (Yenta CardBus Bridge) and I do
    have equivalent dmesg, but with my compiled module I always have the

    airo(eth0): BAP error 4000 0
    airo(eth0): Bad size 2630
    airo(eth0): BAP error 4000 0
    airo(eth0): Bad size 2636
    airo(eth0): airo: BAP setup error too many retries

    I look at any possible google tips prior getting here asking stupid
    questions. At cisco web side it's all now protected and inaccessible the
    other available driver on sourceforge project page seems to have been
    abandoned.
    I'am alone in that case? Anyone with a working suggestion?

    Thanks in anticipation,
    JL

  2. Re: Debian 2.6.17-9 Cisco Aironet 350 can't get a compiled module to run

    > (I have tried many .config w/o any success).
    Have you tried extracting the config from the running kernel?

    I'm not sure if the default kernel includes it at '/proc/config.gz',
    and I'm at school I'm not in a position to check - can someone confirm
    this? If it does, you can do something like 'zcat /proc/config.gz >
    ..config; make menuconfig' and start from there. You might also find a
    config file in /boot/, but again, I can't check that.

    HTH,
    Daniel

    --
    Neuronstorm: neuronstorm.sourceforge.net
    The Neuronstorm Blog: leinad-golb.blogspot.com

  3. Re: Debian 2.6.17-9 Cisco Aironet 350 can't get a compiled module to run

    Daniel J. Axtens wrote:
    >> (I have tried many .config w/o any success).

    > Have you tried extracting the config from the running kernel?
    >
    > I'm not sure if the default kernel includes it at '/proc/config.gz',
    > and I'm at school I'm not in a position to check - can someone confirm
    > this? If it does, you can do something like 'zcat /proc/config.gz >
    > .config; make menuconfig' and start from there. You might also find a
    > config file in /boot/, but again, I can't check that.
    >
    > HTH,
    > Daniel

    Hi Daniel,

    thanks for you suggestion. Yes there is indeed a config into the /boot
    directory which I can use to double check. I will do tomorrow and let
    you know the outcome.
    Have a nice day,
    JL

  4. Re: Debian 2.6.17-9 Cisco Aironet 350 can't get a compiled module to run

    Jean-Louis Crouzet wrote:
    > Daniel J. Axtens wrote:
    >>> (I have tried many .config w/o any success).

    >> Have you tried extracting the config from the running kernel?
    >>
    >> I'm not sure if the default kernel includes it at '/proc/config.gz',
    >> and I'm at school I'm not in a position to check - can someone confirm
    >> this? If it does, you can do something like 'zcat /proc/config.gz >
    >> .config; make menuconfig' and start from there. You might also find a
    >> config file in /boot/, but again, I can't check that.
    >>
    >> HTH,
    >> Daniel
    >>

    > Hi Daniel,
    >
    > thanks for you suggestion. Yes there is indeed a config into the /boot
    > directory which I can use to double check. I will do tomorrow and let
    > you know the outcome.
    > Have a nice day,
    > JL

    Same problem...