video calling - Debian

This is a discussion on video calling - Debian ; Dear List, What is the news on using webcams with the voice-over-IP services (like Skype) these days with Debian? Has anybody reported any success? all the best --Colin -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-laptop-REQUEST@lists.debian.org with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? ...

  1. video calling

    Dear List,

    What is the news on using webcams with the voice-over-IP services
    (like Skype) these days with Debian? Has anybody reported any success?

    all the best

    --Colin

  2. Re: video calling

    Colin Cotter schrieb:
    > Dear List,
    >
    > What is the news on using webcams with the voice-over-IP services
    > (like Skype) these days with Debian? Has anybody reported any success?
    >
    > all the best
    >
    > --Colin

    Hi Colin,

    just a quick note: according to the comments on
    http://share.skype.com/sites/linux/2...open_beta.html there is no
    video support for Skype yet, no matter which distribution you use.

    Regards,
    André

  3. Re: video calling

    On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 11:49:21AM +0100, Colin Cotter wrote:
    > Dear List,
    >
    > What is the news on using webcams with the voice-over-IP services
    > (like Skype) these days with Debian? Has anybody reported any success?

    Ekiga is already in Etch. So is KPhone. Both use SIP. I'm not usre about
    the support for video in twinkle and kiax.

    Latest versions of Kopete should support MSN chat vido. Maybe also
    others. Not sure about other messangers.

    WengoPhone is making its way now. This is a nice skype replacement which
    generally uses SIP.

    -- Tzafrir