Problems trying to configure laptop monitor - Debian

This is a discussion on Problems trying to configure laptop monitor - Debian ; Hi. I am new here so I apologize if this question was answered before. I cannot configure my laptop's monitor, using Debian 1.3. I've got a HP Compaq. Any help? It crashes whatever the options I set (1024x768 @ any ...

  1. Problems trying to configure laptop monitor

    Hi. I am new here so I apologize if this question was
    answered before. I cannot configure my laptop's monitor,
    using Debian 1.3. I've got a HP Compaq. Any help? It
    crashes whatever the options I set (1024x768 @ any frequency,
    vesa, i"something", etc).
    Tanx.
    Nilton.

  2. Re: Problems trying to configure laptop monitor

    On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 11:03:50AM -0300, Nilton da Silva Branco wrote:
    > Hi. I am new here so I apologize if this question was
    > answered before. I cannot configure my laptop's monitor,
    > using Debian 1.3. I've got a HP Compaq. Any help? It
    > crashes whatever the options I set (1024x768 @ any frequency,
    > vesa, i"something", etc).

    What is the exact model of your laptop? Can you attach you
    /etc/X11/XF86Config ?

    What happens when you try to start X?

    -- Tzafrir

  3. Re: Problems trying to configure laptop monitor

    On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 12:48 -0400, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
    > On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 11:03:50AM -0300, Nilton da Silva Branco wrote:
    > > Hi. I am new here so I apologize if this question was
    > > answered before. I cannot configure my laptop's monitor,
    > > using Debian 1.3. I've got a HP Compaq. Any help? It
    > > crashes whatever the options I set (1024x768 @ any frequency,
    > > vesa, i"something", etc).

    > What is the exact model of your laptop? Can you attach you
    > /etc/X11/XF86Config ?
    >
    > What happens when you try to start X?
    >
    > -- Tzafrir

    Also, the output from lspci would be extremely helpful.
    -Ian

  4. Re: Problems trying to configure laptop monitor

    Dear Tzafrir,
    It is a HP Compaq NX6110. The file you asked for is the following:
    http://www.nabble.com/user-files/235801/XF86Config-4 XF86Config-4 .
    It tries to open the graphical interface 2 or 3 times and thern returm to
    the command
    line.
    Tanx.