no public key - Debian

This is a discussion on no public key - Debian ; Hello eveyone, I have a problem with my update from sid, I kept on getting this message W: There are no public key available for the following key IDs: 010908312D230C5F W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct ...

  1. no public key

    Hello eveyone,

    I have a problem with my update from sid, I kept on getting this message

    W: There are no public key available for the following key IDs:
    010908312D230C5F

    I ran apt-get update again and same error appears. Does anyone know how to
    get rid of this warning message?

    Thanks a lot in advance.

    angelina

  2. Re: no public key

    Also sprach angel yung (Tue, 10 Jan 2006
    22:06:55 +0000):
    > Hello eveyone,

    Hi,

    > I have a problem with my update from sid, I kept on getting this
    > message
    >
    > W: There are no public key available for the following key IDs:
    > 010908312D230C5F
    > W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
    >
    > I ran apt-get update again and same error appears. Does anyone know
    > how to get rid of this warning message?

    ...it's a FAQ now

    Does http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/174 help?

    > Thanks a lot in advance.
    >
    > angelina

    sl ritch

  3. Re: no public key

    rumour has it, 2006 key is apt 0.6.43.1 ( now in unstable and testing)
    includes the 2006 package key. installing this package may not be
    auto-verifiable; OR! you can install the key as follow, explicitly
    trusting the keyserver with no verification -- gpg --keyserver
    subkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 084750FC01A6D388A643D869010908312D230C5F ;
    gpg --export 084750FC01A6D388A643D869010908312D230C5F | sudo apt-key
    add -

    On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 22:06:55 +0000
    angel yung wrote:

    > Hello eveyone,
    >
    > I have a problem with my update from sid, I kept on getting this
    > message
    >
    > W: There are no public key available for the following key IDs:
    > 010908312D230C5F
    > W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
    >
    > I ran apt-get update again and same error appears. Does anyone know
    > how to get rid of this warning message?
    >
    > Thanks a lot in advance.
    >
    > angelina
    >

    > !DSPAM:1000,43c43431224596491211187!

    Loren A. Linden Levy
    481 Loomis, Department of Physics
    1110 W. Green St., Urbana, IL 61801-3080
    Tel: 217-244-7995 Fax: 217-333-1215
    Email: lindenle@uiuc.edu
    url: http://w3.physics.uiuc.edu/~lindenle/
    This email has been cryptographically signed.
    Search for "lindenle" at pgp.mit.edu
    to obtain my public key which can be used
    to verify the authenticity of this message.

  4. Re: no public key

    Thanks a lot every one it is fixed now. :-)

    On 1/10/06, Richard Mittendorfer wrote:

    > Also sprach angel yung (Tue, 10 Jan 2006
    > 22:06:55 +0000):
    > > Hello eveyone,

    > Hi,
    >
    > > I have a problem with my update from sid, I kept on getting this
    > > message
    > >
    > > W: There are no public key available for the following key IDs:
    > > 010908312D230C5F
    > > W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
    > >
    > > I ran apt-get update again and same error appears. Does anyone know
    > > how to get rid of this warning message?

    > ..it's a FAQ now
    >
    > Does http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/174 help?
    >
    > > Thanks a lot in advance.
    > >
    > > angelina
    > >

    > sl ritch
    >

    > --

  5. Re: no public key

    On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 16:41 -0600, Loren A. Linden Levy wrote:
    > rumour has it, 2006 key is apt 0.6.43.1 ( now in unstable and testing)
    > includes the 2006 package key. installing this package may not be
    > auto-verifiable; OR! you can install the key as follow, explicitly
    > trusting the keyserver with no verification -- gpg --keyserver
    > subkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 084750FC01A6D388A643D869010908312D230C5F ;
    > gpg --export 084750FC01A6D388A643D869010908312D230C5F | sudo apt-key
    > add -

    Or even:

    apt-key advanced --keyserver keyring.debian.org --recv 2D230C5F

    Using an (unfortunately) undocumented feature of apt-key.

    Cheers,
    Andrew McMillan.

    Andrew @ Catalyst .Net .NZ Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St, Wellington
    WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/ PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
    DDI: +64(4)803-2201 MOB: +64(272)DEBIAN OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
    Q: How much does it cost to ride the Unibus?
    A: 2 bits.

  6. no public key

    Hello eveyone,

    I have a problem with my update from sid, I kept on getting this message

    W: There are no public key available for the following key IDs:
    010908312D230C5F

    I ran apt-get update again and same error appears. Does anyone know how to
    get rid of this warning message?

    Thanks a lot in advance.

    angelina

  7. Re: no public key

    On Dienstag 10 Januar 2006 23:08, angel yung wrote:
    > W: There are no public key available for the following key IDs:
    > 010908312D230C5F
    > W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
    >
    > I ran apt-get update again and same error appears. Does anyone know how to
    > get rid of this warning message?

    google for the key ID and follow the 3rd link (DEBIAN HK), it says:

    W: GPG error: ftp://www.hk.debian.org unstable Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY F1D53D8C4F368D5D NO_PUBKEY 010908312D230C5F
    Solution:
    $ gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net --recv-keys 010908312D230C5F
    $ gpg --armor --export 010908312D230C5F | apt-key add -
    $ apt-get update

    --
    Wolfgang

  8. Re: no public key

    angel yung wrote:
    > Hello eveyone,
    >
    > I have a problem with my update from sid, I kept on getting this message
    >
    > W: There are no public key available for the following key IDs:
    > 010908312D230C5F
    > W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
    >
    > I ran apt-get update again and same error appears. Does anyone know how
    > to get rid of this warning message?

    (Assuming you have a keyserver configured for GnuPG)

    $ gpg --recv-key 010908312D230C5F
    [...]
    $ gpg --armor --export 010908312D230C5F | sudo apt-key add -
    OK

    --
    Lu.

    I will live forever or die trying.