iBook G4 - Debian

This is a discussion on iBook G4 - Debian ; I am new to the mailing list ring, but I was wondering if there was anyone out there who had extensive news on the Broadcom 802.11g Chipset Reverse engineering in respect to Debian-Laptop. I read the wiki page on the ...

  1. iBook G4

    I am new to the mailing list ring, but I was wondering if there was anyone
    out there who had extensive news on the Broadcom 802.11g Chipset Reverse
    engineering in respect to Debian-Laptop. I read the wiki page on the link
    off of OS News and it really didn't provide me with the information I was
    looking for, does anyone know of a prospective date for the driver to be
    stable? I have this iBook G4 that I want running Debian GNU/Linux because
    after about a year of OS X, I need a stable Debian install running on this
    thing ASAP but I don't want to sacrifice my wifi capablities. Thank you for
    your time.

    /me
    --
    -=:Max:=-

  2. Re: iBook G4

    Maxamillion Miller wrote:
    > anyone out there who had extensive news on the Broadcom 802.11g Chipset
    > Reverse engineering in respect to Debian-Laptop. I read the wiki page on
    > the link off of OS News and it really didn't provide me with the
    > information I was looking for, does anyone know of a prospective date
    > for the driver to be stable? I have this iBook G4 that I want running
    > Debian GNU/Linux because after about a year of OS X, I need a stable
    > Debian install running on this thing ASAP but I don't want to sacrifice
    > my wifi capablities. Thank you for your time.
    >
    > /me
    > --
    > -=:Max:=-

    You might want to cross-post or re-post this to debian-ppc. They'd
    probably know more about driver status than the generic debian-laptop list.

    Nate

    [...]
    > don't want to sacrifice my wifi capablities. Thank you for your time.

    I don't think you'll find anyone that'll tell you when the driver will
    be 'stable', whatever that means. But have a look at
    http://bcm43xx.berlios.de/, it seems that the driver does something
    useful, although you probably shouldn't expect advanced stuff yet.

    Koen