volume control - Debian

This is a discussion on volume control - Debian ; hi i'd like tp know how to control the volume output of my laptop, such as those 'beep' you can haer when some error occurs; i can only take control of the volume ouput by multimedia players when i am ...

  1. volume control

    hi
    i'd like tp know how to control the volume output of my laptop, such
    as those 'beep' you can haer when some error occurs;

    i can only take control of the volume ouput by multimedia players when
    i am listening to some output like .mp3

    i didn't find anything useful for this

    thank you!
    --
    roberto
    GNU/Linux, debian sarge

  2. Re: volume control

    roberto writes:

    > hi
    > i'd like tp know how to control the volume output of my laptop, such
    > as those 'beep' you can haer when some error occurs;
    >
    > i can only take control of the volume ouput by multimedia players when
    > i am listening to some output like .mp3

    Hi Roberto

    Have a look at the manual page for xset, the -b option is what your
    looking for.

    xset -b .....your settings...

    you could then place that in your .bashrc (or similar if you use another
    shell)

    --
    -----Angelina Carlton-----
    orchid on irc.freenode.net