CRT and LCD with Toshiba Satellite M30 - Debian

This is a discussion on CRT and LCD with Toshiba Satellite M30 - Debian ; Hi Folks, does anybody know how to setup the external crt on a Toshiba Satellite M30? I've got different layouts in my xorg.conf and I can also use the fnfx keys except the key for video-toggle doesn't work or has ...

  1. CRT and LCD with Toshiba Satellite M30

    Hi Folks,
    does anybody know how to setup the external crt on a Toshiba Satellite M30?
    I've got different layouts in my xorg.conf and I can also use the fnfx keys
    except the key for video-toggle doesn't work or has no function. When I
    plugin the crt at boot, I've got no signal at my lcd and I've got no idea
    how to toggle back to the lcd screen. Now I want to use both, my crt and my
    lcd with TwinView.
    Has anybody some information how to setup my system to manage this?
    Thanks,
    Christian

  2. Re: CRT and LCD with Toshiba Satellite M30

    Il giorno sab, 10/12/2005 alle 13.50 +0100, Christian Schneiker ha
    scritto:
    > Hi Folks,
    > does anybody know how to setup the external crt on a Toshiba Satellite M30?
    > I've got different layouts in my xorg.conf and I can also use the fnfx keys
    > except the key for video-toggle doesn't work or has no function. When I
    > plugin the crt at boot, I've got no signal at my lcd and I've got no idea
    > how to toggle back to the lcd screen. Now I want to use both, my crt and my
    > lcd with TwinView.
    > Has anybody some information how to setup my system to manage this?
    > Thanks,
    > Christian

    I have solved this problem using fglrx from Flavio Staccina and setting
    up xorg using two monitors. I switch the two config files. I you need
    more detailed information please write to me as I need to redo
    everything after a kernel update.

    Regards
    Stefano

    --
    Stefano Canepa aka sc: sc@linux.it http://www.stefanocanepa.it
    Three great virtues of a programmer: laziness, impatience and hubris.

  3. Re: CRT and LCD with Toshiba Satellite M30

    Christian Schneiker wrote:

    > Hi Folks,
    > does anybody know how to setup the external crt on a Toshiba Satellite
    > M30?

    I solved it. Now I'm using the Nvidia binaries instead of the kernel module.