XF86Config-4.synaptics HOWTO...Acer Travelmate 2413LCi... - Debian

This is a discussion on XF86Config-4.synaptics HOWTO...Acer Travelmate 2413LCi... - Debian ; Keywords: synaptics, synaptics howto, touchpad, xfree86-driver-synaptics, XF86Config-4, tapbutton1, tapbutton2, tapbutton3, acer, travelmate 2413lci, travelmate 2410 series, debian, sarge, /etc/xf86config-4 Greetings, I am not yet a member of this list but since I have done a considerable amount of research into ...

  1. XF86Config-4.synaptics HOWTO...Acer Travelmate 2413LCi...

    XF86Config-4, tapbutton1, tapbutton2, tapbutton3, acer, travelmate 2413lci,
    travelmate 2410 series, debian, sarge, /etc/xf86config-4

    Greetings,

    I am not yet a member of this list but since I have done a considerable
    amount of research into the xfree86-driver-synaptics touchpad driver and the
    'synclient' configuration tool distributed with that package, I thought it
    good to share what I have learned.
    I have attached my XF86Config-4 file (renamed to XF86Config-4.synaptics
    because it is a HOWTO type document and I wouldn't want anyone to replace
    their original /etc/XF86Config-4 with it unless they intend to).
    The attached file may also be found at:
    http://www.tctwest.net/~mlewis00/XF86Config-4.synaptics
    but I decided to attach it here because I don't know how long I can leave it
    on this server.
    I have an Acer Travelmate 2413LCi and am running KDE as my GUI environment.
    The only thing I have yet to figure out is why the touchpad on my X Windows
    installation will not function correctly unless TapButton1=0, TapButton2=1,
    and TapButton3=0 - any other setting results in a right-button context menu
    popping up on any single tap. No setting that I have yet found will resolve
    this problem. I would like to know if this is a bug in the Sarge version of
    this package or if there is some defect in my touchpad that I should contact
    the technical support department at Acer about.

    Thanks,

    --
    M. Glenn Lewis
    mlewis0000000 at netscape.net

  2. Re: XF86Config-4.synaptics HOWTO...Acer Travelmate 2413LCi...

    On úterý 01 listopadu 2005 3:55, mlewis00@tctwest.net wrote:
    > my X Windows installation will not function correctly unless TapButton1=0,
    > TapButton2=1, and TapButton3=0 - any other setting results in a
    > right-button context menu popping up on any single tap. No setting that I
    > have yet found will resolve this problem.

    Hi, I have Acer TM 620 with Synaptics touchpad and it's been working fine with
    the following settings:

    Section "InputDevice"
    Driver "synaptics"
    Identifier "Touchpad"
    Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
    Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
    Option "Protocol" "auto-dev"
    Option "LeftEdge" "1700"
    Option "RightEdge" "5300"
    Option "TopEdge" "1700"
    Option "BottomEdge" "4200"
    Option "FingerLow" "25"
    Option "FingerHigh" "30"
    Option "MaxTapTime" "180"
    Option "MaxTapMove" "220"
    Option "VertScrollDelta" "100"
    Option "MinSpeed" "0.06"
    Option "MaxSpeed" "0.12"
    Option "AccelFactor" "2.5"
    EndSection

    Could you define more concretely what you are trying to do? I can try out what
    you need on my laptop.

    vlcak

+ Reply to Thread