Problems with touchpad scroll after suspend - Debian

This is a discussion on Problems with touchpad scroll after suspend - Debian ; Hi, I have a laptop Acer Aspire 1414WLCi with Debian Sid, and after some time, I get almost everything working fine. The last problem is that after resuming of a suspend-to-ram, the touchpad scroll doesn't work. If I connect a ...

  1. Problems with touchpad scroll after suspend

    Hi,
    I have a laptop Acer Aspire 1414WLCi with Debian Sid, and after some time, I
    get almost everything working fine.
    The last problem is that after resuming of a suspend-to-ram, the touchpad
    scroll doesn't work.
    If I connect a external usb mouse, the scroll of the usb mouse stop work
    too.
    The only way of have the scroll back is do a: $ /etc/init.d/gdm restart.

    This is the Touchpad section of the xorg.conf:

    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Touchpad"
    Driver "synaptics"
    Option "SendCoreEvents"
    Option "Device" "/dev/input/event1"
    Option "Protocol" "auto-dev"
    # Next line required only if you want to disable the mousepad while
    # typing:
    # Option "SHMConfig" "on"
    # The rest of the options are NOT required, just a default
    # similar to the Windows drivers with non of the extra features.
    Option "LeftEdge" "1900"
    Option "RightEdge" "5400"
    Option "TopEdge" "1400"
    Option "BottomEdge" "4500"
    Option "FingerLow" "25"
    Option "FingerHigh" "30"
    Option "MaxTapTime" "180"
    Option "MaxTapMove" "220"
    Option "VertScrollDelta" "100"
    Option "MinSpeed" "0.02"
    Option "MaxSpeed" "0.18"
    Option "AccelFactor" "0.0018"
    # Option "SHMConfig" "on"
    EndSection

    I using the sysfs_power_state + hibernate(and NOT suspend2) program to
    suspend-to-ram.
    This is a piece of the /etc/hibernate/hibernate.conf:

    ### sysfs_power_state
    ## To use /sys/power/state to suspend your machine (which may offer
    ## suspend-to-RAM, suspend-to-disk, standby, etc) comment out all the
    options
    ## above for Software Suspend 2, below for acpi_sleep, and uncomment this
    line.
    ## You may replace mem with any one of the states from "cat
    /sys/power/state"
    UseSysfsPowerState mem
    PowerdownMethod shutdown

    A think that after a resume the system loses the X configurations of the
    touchpad, but I don't know why.
    Somebody has some solution?

    Thanks!!

    Max Velasques

  2. Re: Problems with touchpad scroll after suspend

    Hi!
    I got the same problem after resuming from suspend-to-disk, and I solved the
    problem by reloading th psmouse module after suspend. I think you should put
    it into a script, because it needs to be done earliest possible before X gets
    loaded.
    cheers
    John

+ Reply to Thread