Re: A notebook for Debian? - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: A notebook for Debian? - Debian ; leszek wrote: > I am using IBM Thinkpad R50e and it's fine except > external monitor. I'm looking for a DVD recorder inside the laptop, and maybe there are new models of the IBM Thinkpad R50e with this feature. If ...

  1. Re: A notebook for Debian?

    leszek wrote:

    > I am using IBM Thinkpad R50e and it's fine except
    > external monitor.

    I'm looking for a DVD recorder inside the laptop,
    and maybe there are new models of the IBM Thinkpad R50e
    with this feature.
    If yours has it too, please could you report the exact
    model: "IBM Thinkpad R50e... something?".
    (Do you maybe know if it supports Mandrake 10.1 also?)

    Thanks,
    Rodolfo

  2. Re: A notebook for Debian?

    I know nothing about Mandrake, sorry.
    But:

    -- I have DVD recorder (sometimes it doesn't work and I have to clean
    head or shake it)
    -- cameras Canon A70, A75, S70 work perfectly
    -- scanner Plustek OpticSlim works fine too

    My model is:

    IBM Thinkpad R50e
    Type 1843-J9G

    Debian Sarge 3.1, kernel 2.6