Re: ipw2200 Acer TM 4100 - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: ipw2200 Acer TM 4100 - Debian ; On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 09:54 +0200, Miguel Alvarez Ramirez wrote: > About ipw2200 > I have tried led=1 when insmod ipw2200.., echo 1> ....wirelessled ... but > nothing Did you try acerhk? According to the website, it works with the ...

  1. Re: ipw2200 Acer TM 4100

    On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 09:54 +0200, Miguel Alvarez Ramirez wrote:
    > About ipw2200
    > I have tried led=1 when insmod ipw2200.., echo 1> ....wirelessled ... but
    > nothing

    Did you try acerhk? According to the website, it works with the TM 4100.

    Koen

  2. Instalation problem Debian, Fedora Windows

    Hi.
    I have now Windows Xp and Fedora Core4 installed in my computer. I want to
    install Debian Sarge to try my ipw2200 In the Acer TM 4100 ( Yes, I am ;OP)
    But when i have installed Debian I have broken the Grub instalation and I
    can only start Debian and Windows...(Fedora is necesary for job, no for
    pleasure ;O)
    I have installed Debian partition in / . and in the MBR
    My ask is who can i install Debian with Fedora and windows at the same time?
    I must install debian in another path(/ home ...) or in the MBR or in the
    /dev/hda6 (in my case).
    Details:
    Hda2 windows
    Hda5 Fedora in the path / and grub in the MBR
    hda6 (i want Debian) (During the instalation I put in the MBR and i lose
    Fedora)

    Thanks

  3. Re: Instalation problem Debian, Fedora Windows

    Miguel Alvarez Ramirez a écrit :

    > Hi.
    > I have now Windows Xp and Fedora Core4 installed in my computer. I
    > want to install Debian Sarge to try my ipw2200 In the Acer TM 4100 (
    > Yes, I am ;OP) But when i have installed Debian I have broken the Grub
    > instalation and I can only start Debian and Windows...(Fedora is
    > necesary for job, no for pleasure ;O)
    > I have installed Debian partition in / . and in the MBR
    > My ask is who can i install Debian with Fedora and windows at the same
    > time? I must install debian in another path(/ home ...) or in the MBR
    > or in the /dev/hda6 (in my case).
    > Details:
    > Hda2 windows
    > Hda5 Fedora in the path / and grub in the MBR
    > hda6 (i want Debian) (During the instalation I put in the MBR and i
    > lose Fedora)
    >
    > Thanks

    I have the same problem :-(

  4. Re: Instalation problem Debian, Fedora Windows

    It shouldn't matter that Fedora and Windows are already installed, so
    long as your Debian installation didn't overwrite either. You'll just
    have to add the Fedora entry to your

    /boot/grub/menu.lst

    file.

    You'll probably have to do this manually, with a text editor, but give the

    update-grub

    script a chance, then check your menu.lst file to see if update-grub
    changed anything.

    If update-grub worked, great. If not, have no fear. To find out the
    partitions on your hard drives, execute (as root)

    fdisk -l

    This will tell you the partition structure of your disk(s). From here,
    you simply add the appropriate lines to grub:

    title Fedora Core 4
    /* x is the hard drive of Fedora's /boot, y is the partition number of
    /boot (starting from zero). For example, if Fedora's /boot directory is
    located on hda1, then the corresponding line is root (hd0,0). If
    Fedora's boot is on /dev/hdc3, then you need root (hd2,2). */
    root (hdx,y)
    kernel root= ro
    initrd savedefault
    boot

    Hope this helps, and let us know what problems you run into along the way.

    John