I and K keys stop working after a while... - Debian

This is a discussion on I and K keys stop working after a while... - Debian ; Hmm... I don't know if this is just a hardware problem... I'm running Debian on a Dell Inspiron 3800. After it's been on for a while the I and K keys stop working. No other keys seem to be affected. ...

  1. I and K keys stop working after a while...

    Hmm... I don't know if this is just a hardware problem... I'm running
    Debian on a Dell Inspiron 3800. After it's been on for a while the I
    and K keys stop working. No other keys seem to be affected.

    I don't think it's an X server problem; they don't work even at the console.

    I guess it's probably more likely that this is just a hardware problem,
    but I thought I'd check.

    Thanks,

    dwh

  2. Re: I and K keys stop working after a while...

    Okay, I'm pretty sure this is a hardware problem. I checked a little
    more closely and it's the 8, i, k, and "," keys, so there's probably a
    loose connection. Guess it's time to take apart the laptop...

    dwh