Dell inspiron 4100... custom kernel install - Debian

This is a discussion on Dell inspiron 4100... custom kernel install - Debian ; I'm having a bit of trouble installing Debian on my inspiron 4100. I've identified the problem. The solution is in a kernel rebuild. I can't get the kernel to rebuild because the system freezes before the laptop can rebuild the ...

  1. Dell inspiron 4100... custom kernel install

    I'm having a bit of trouble installing Debian on my inspiron 4100. I've
    identified the problem. The solution is in a kernel rebuild. I can't get the
    kernel to rebuild because the system freezes before the laptop can rebuild
    the kernel. It doesn't usually stay alive for more than two or three minutes
    before it freezes up.

    how can I reinstall the whole system using a custom kernel? If anyone could
    give me a link that would be great. I'm not even sure of what to google, so
    that would be good too. I don't need my hand held, just let me know what I'm
    looking for.

    James Gibbon

  2. Re: Dell inspiron 4100... custom kernel install

    linux24
    linux26
    bf24
    bf22