ACPI and KDE - Debian

This is a discussion on ACPI and KDE - Debian ; I have installed a script which responds to Fn-F7 by issuing a radeontool dac on and off (toggle) on my Thinkpad T40. How can I get some nice message box on KDE just like what I see when I give ...

  1. ACPI and KDE

    I have installed a script which responds to Fn-F7 by issuing a
    radeontool dac on and off (toggle) on my Thinkpad T40.

    How can I get some nice message box on KDE just like what I see when I
    give other ACPI events like echo level 7 > /proc/acpi/ibm/brightness (a
    nice grey box with "Brightness" label and a 100% bar under it) ?

    I'd like to write the same nice box with External video on/off (and do
    the same thing for wifi).

    Thank you,
    Bob

  2. Re: ACPI and KDE

    Hi.

    Bob Alexander wrote:

    > I have installed a script which responds to Fn-F7 by issuing a
    > radeontool dac on and off (toggle) on my Thinkpad T40.
    >
    > How can I get some nice message box on KDE just like what I see when I
    > give other ACPI events like echo level 7 > /proc/acpi/ibm/brightness
    > (a nice grey box with "Brightness" label and a 100% bar under it) ?
    >
    > I'd like to write the same nice box with External video on/off (and do
    > the same thing for wifi).

    Have you tried the packacke tpb (ThinkPad Buttons)?

    Works fine here and does not depend on KDE.

    Regards
    Kai

  3. Re: ACPI and KDE

    Kai Hildebrandt wrote:
    > Have you tried the packacke tpb (ThinkPad Buttons)?
    >
    > Works fine here and does not depend on KDE.

    Thank you Kai.

    As a matter of fact I have tpb installed but it only shows message boxes
    for Brightness, Volume, Thinklight, Access IBM.

    I cannot find a way to use it for Fn+F5 or Fn+F7 even after reading the
    documentation.

    Can you correct me ?

    Take care,
    Bob