Locale configuration for GNOME menu - Debian

This is a discussion on Locale configuration for GNOME menu - Debian ; Hi, I'm running "testing" with a localized GNOME 2.10.2 (de-de) and am experiencing some locale problems here. A while ago, an "apt-get upgrade" changedthe GNOME menu to English: The menu itself displays "Anwendungen" (the localized "Applications") but all contained folders ...

  1. Locale configuration for GNOME menu

    Hi,

    I'm running "testing" with a localized GNOME 2.10.2 (de-de) and am experiencing some locale problems here. A while ago, an "apt-get upgrade" changedthe GNOME menu to English: The menu itself displays "Anwendungen" (the localized "Applications") but all contained folders are labelled in English rather than German. Does anybody have any ideas which package or file is responsible for the displayed folder names so I can dpkg-reconfigure or edit it?

    I know this is not quite a laptop-related question, but I am hoping for a rather quick fix.

    I'd appreciate any help!

    Thanks,
    André

  2. Re: Locale configuration for GNOME menu [solved]

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm running "testing" with a localized GNOME 2.10.2 (de-de) and am
    > experiencing some locale problems here. A while ago, an "apt-get upgrade"
    > changed the GNOME menu to English: The menu itself displays "Anwendungen"
    > (the localized "Applications") but all contained folders are labelled in
    > English rather than German. Does anybody have any ideas which package or
    > file is responsible for the displayed folder names so I can
    > dpkg-reconfigure or edit it?
    >
    > I know this is not quite a laptop-related question, but I am hoping for a
    > rather quick fix.
    >
    > I'd appreciate any help!
    >
    > Thanks,
    > André

    Never mind! Obviously, a new version of the gnome-core package (?) fixed
    the problem (and changed the GNOME menu big time, but at least
    everything's in one language again...)

    Regards,
    André