Re: how can I get my laptop mouse pad working - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: how can I get my laptop mouse pad working - Debian ; my touchpad have gone berserk. i cannot make it to click button on 2 clicking, then how can i fix this --------------------------------- Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort....

  1. Re: how can I get my laptop mouse pad working

    my touchpad have gone berserk. i cannot make it to click button on 2 clicking, then how can i fix this

    ---------------------------------

  2. Re: how can I get my laptop mouse pad working

    Hi Hafiez,

    On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 22:10:24 -0700 (PDT)
    Hafiez Yusof wrote:

    > my touchpad have gone berserk. i cannot make it to click button on 2 clicking, then how can i fix this

    I've got this in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 for my touchpad

    Section "InputDevice"
    Driver "synaptics"
    Identifier "touchpad"
    Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
    Option "Protocol" "auto-dev"
    Option "LeftEdge" "1900"
    Option "RightEdge" "5400"
    Option "TopEdge" "1900"
    Option "BottomEdge" "4000"
    Option "FingerLow" "25"
    Option "FingerHigh" "30"
    Option "MaxTapTime" "180"
    Option "MaxTapMove" "220"
    Option "VertScrollDelta" "100"
    Option "MinSpeed" "0.02"
    Option "MaxSpeed" "0.18"
    Option "AccelFactor" "0.0010"
    Option "SHMConfig" "on"
    # Option "Repeater" "/dev/ps2mouse"
    EndSection

  3. Re: how can I get my laptop mouse pad working

    Rusty Carruth wrote:

    > Hope this helps someone!

    Forgot to mention:

    In the 'credit where credit is due' department, this link helped me a LOT:

    http://rubin.simulatedplanet.org/ind...id=61&Itemid=1

    (along with kind input from folks here)

    rc

    >Hi Hafiez,
    >

    >On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 22:10:24 -0700 (PDT)
    >Hafiez Yusof wrote:
    >

    >>my touchpad have gone berserk. i cannot make it to click button on 2 clicking, then how can i fix this
    >>

    >I've got this in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 for my touchpad

    >Section "InputDevice"
    > Driver "synaptics"
    > Identifier "touchpad"
    >EndSection

    I just managed to get my touchpad to work on my inspiron 8100, and it
    took fixing both the
    InputDevice section (except that I found that I could not use Option
    Protocol auto-dev, apparenlty -
    but that is just a guess - I'll be happy to send my entire xf86config-4
    to anyone who wants it,
    with the caveat that it may NOT do what you want, and it MIGHT burn out
    your lcd :-)
    AND you have to make sure that you've got it set up in the 'Section
    ServerLayout" section.
    In my case I had to make the mouse info look like this:

    InputDevice "Mouse2" "CorePointer"
    InputDevice "Configured Mouse" "SendCoreEvents"

    where "Mouse2" is 'touchpad' in 'subscription's example above, and
    "Configured Mouse" is the original one supplied upon install.

    OH! Do NOT forget to "apt-get install xfree86-driver-synaptics" - it
    MIGHT help a bit too :-)

    YMMV, etc, etc.

    Hope this helps someone!

    rc

  5. Re: how can I get my laptop mouse pad working

    On 10/4/05, Rusty Carruth wrote:

    > I just managed to get my touchpad to work on my inspiron 8100, and it
    > took fixing both the
    > InputDevice section (except that I found that I could not use Option
    > Protocol auto-dev, apparenlty -
    > but that is just a guess - I'll be happy to send my entire xf86config-4
    > to anyone who wants it,
    > with the caveat that it may NOT do what you want, and it MIGHT burn out
    > your lcd :-)
    > AND you have to make sure that you've got it set up in the 'Section
    > ServerLayout" section.
    > In my case I had to make the mouse info look like this:
    >
    > InputDevice "Mouse2" "CorePointer"
    > InputDevice "Configured Mouse" "SendCoreEvents"
    >
    > where "Mouse2" is 'touchpad' in 'subscription's example above, and
    > "Configured Mouse" is the original one supplied upon install.
    >
    > OH! Do NOT forget to "apt-get install xfree86-driver-synaptics" - it
    > MIGHT help a bit too :-)
    >
    > I have also configured synaptics as given for alps glide point for my dell

    i600m. If I start using it from kdm, touchpad works. But if I use my usb
    mouse, then touchpad doesn't work. Any solutions for both to work as in
    other OS.

    --
    L.V.Gandhi
    http://lvgandhi.tripod.com/