Help, Asus W3 laptop - Debian

This is a discussion on Help, Asus W3 laptop - Debian ; Hi, I've tried to install Debian, Ubuntu, SUSE on this Asus W3 wide screen laptop. When in graphic mode, i only get vertical stripes. When installing SUSE, it goes to graphic mode during installation, but after finish the installation and ...

  1. Help, Asus W3 laptop

    Hi,

    I've tried to install Debian, Ubuntu, SUSE on this Asus W3 wide screen
    laptop. When in graphic mode, i only get vertical stripes. When
    installing SUSE, it goes to graphic mode during installation, but after
    finish the installation and reboot, also display vertical stripes.
    On WindowsXp i use resolution 1280x768 for that.

    Thanks in advance for the advises.

    Regards,
    Rony

  2. Re: Help, Asus W3 laptop

    Rony wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've tried to install Debian, Ubuntu, SUSE on this Asus W3 wide screen
    > laptop. When in graphic mode,

    i only get vertical stripes. When
    > installing SUSE, it goes to graphic mode during installation, but after
    > finish the installation and reboot, also display vertical stripes.
    > On WindowsXp i use resolution 1280x768 for that.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for the advises.

    First of all I would try dpkg-reconfigure xserver. Then restart your
    xserver. If that does not help I would take a look at the settings in
    /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.

    CU,
    Ivan

    --
    ..-----------------------.-----------------------------------------.
    | Ivan Glushkov | E-mail : Ivan.Glushkov@desy.de |

  3. Re: Help, Asus W3 laptop

    Il giorno lun, 29/08/2005 alle 21.22 -0700, Rony ha scritto:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've tried to install Debian, Ubuntu, SUSE on this Asus W3 wide screen
    > laptop. When in graphic mode, i only get vertical stripes. When
    > installing SUSE, it goes to graphic mode during installation, but after
    > finish the installation and reboot, also display vertical stripes.
    > On WindowsXp i use resolution 1280x768 for that.

    You need to put the resolution your own into /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    or /etc/X11/XF86Config-4. If you don't know how feel free to ask and I
    will send you my configuration file as an sample.

    Regards
    Stefano

    --
    Stefano Canepa aka sc: sc@linux.it http://www.stefanocanepa.it
    Three great virtues of a programmer: laziness, impatience and hubris.

+ Reply to Thread