Re: NEVER USE SORBS - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: NEVER USE SORBS - Debian ; At 08:35 AM 7/28/2006 +1000, Craig Sanders wrote: >because you annoyed me enough at some point in the past to get an >entry in my ~/.procmail-unwelcome file. Umm, what is the difference between me sending u a mail through the ...

  1. Re: NEVER USE SORBS

    At 08:35 AM 7/28/2006 +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
    >because you annoyed me enough at some point in the past to get an
    >entry in my ~/.procmail-unwelcome file.

    Umm, what is the difference between me sending u a mail through the list and
    directly to u? Me sending u an email off list is so much more horrible than
    on list??? And BTW I don't recall ever getting into any kind of flame war
    with u in all the years I've been on this list. Maybe u were just having a
    bad day or u got a parking ticket.......? So now instead of taking
    something off list (it was a trivial subject anyway) we can keep it on list
    and annoy *everybody*! For crying out loud! I hope u don't own any guns.
    So how about declaring victory/peace/whatever and removing me so that in the
    future when I want to correspond with u, legitimately of course T_T, we can
    do it without broadcasting it to the whole world?

    --
    REMEMBER THE WORLD TRADE CENTER ---=< WTC 911 >=--
    "...ne cede malis"

    00000100

  2. Re: NEVER USE SORBS

    On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 01:14:02AM -0400, Chris Wagner wrote:
    > At 08:35 AM 7/28/2006 +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
    > >because you annoyed me enough at some point in the past to get an
    > >entry in my ~/.procmail-unwelcome file.

    > Umm, what is the difference between me sending u a mail through the
    > list and directly to u?

    the difference is that you are active on lists that i am also on. i don't
    want my procmail scripts telling you to stop mailing me when you're just
    mailing the list. that would be broken.

    the fact that it tells you to go away if you mail the list and CC: me is
    a minor bug, but one that i don't care about since debian list policy is
    that you don't do that anyway.

    > Me sending u an email off list is so much more horrible than
    > on list???

    the point is that i dont (or didn't - i don't actually care now) want
    you sending me private mail, whether it is To: me or CC: me.

    > And BTW I don't recall ever getting into any kind of flame war
    > with u in all the years I've been on this list.

    i can't remember either. my guess is that it would have been during one
    of the never-ending arguments with the (wannabe)-Holier-Than-Stallman
    loonies on debian-project.

    > Maybe u were just having a bad day or u got a parking ticket.......?
    > So now instead of taking

    i probably just got bored and sick and tired of seeing the same
    worthless, pedantic and/or trivial crap regurgitated in message after
    message. that's what usually earns an entry in my procmail file.

    > So how about declaring victory/peace/whatever and removing me so that
    > in the future when I want to correspond with u, legitimately of course
    > T_T, we can do it without broadcasting it to the whole world?

    it's not about victory. it's about not getting mail from people i don't
    want to hear from.

    but yeah, ok. removed. commented-out, anyway.

    craig

    --
    craig sanders (part time cyborg)