recommendation tape-library - Debian

This is a discussion on recommendation tape-library - Debian ; hi. we are currently investigating a new backup-solution for our servers and am thinking about getting a tape-library. we have 2 (imho) rather large file servers (one with 1TB, the other with 2TB), so we need a system with rather ...

  1. recommendation tape-library

    hi.

    we are currently investigating a new backup-solution for our servers and
    am thinking about getting a tape-library.

    we have 2 (imho) rather large file servers (one with 1TB, the other with
    2TB), so we need a system with rather large capacity.

    our current solution is a single DLT-IV streamer, but this has become a
    bit small...

    the entire system should be below 6000,-€

    i'd be glad for any suggestions, recommendations and warnings about
    pitfalls.

    mfg.asdr.
    IOhannes

  2. Re: recommendation tape-library

    IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
    > hi.
    >
    > we are currently investigating a new backup-solution for our servers and
    > am thinking about getting a tape-library.

    [...]
    > the entire system should be below 6000,-€

    please note, that here i am using "tape-library" for both "autoloaders"
    and real "libraries"

    mfg.asdr
    IOhannes