qmail uni-code to sJIS conversion - Debian

This is a discussion on qmail uni-code to sJIS conversion - Debian ; Hi Guys, I am in a situation i really need experts help and the question is as follows I need to convert my qmail SMTP server mails uni-code to sJIS and send it to the recipient. Can some one help ...

  1. qmail uni-code to sJIS conversion

    Hi Guys,

    I am in a situation i really need experts help and the question is as follows
    I need to convert my qmail SMTP server mails uni-code to sJIS and send it to the recipient.

    Can some one help me how do i do that in my qmail SMTP server?

    Thanks for your help

  2. Re: qmail uni-code to sJIS conversion

    Radhika wrote:
    > Hi Guys,
    >
    > I am in a situation i really need experts help and the question is as
    > follows
    > I need to convert my qmail SMTP server mails uni-code to sJIS and send
    > it to the recipient.

    Do you need to have the mail converted form unicode to JIS (japaneese,
    right?) before delivery? If it's the case, then a simple mail filter
    that you would put in the .qmail would do the trick I think... If it
    does not, look at delivery programs like procmail that can be used
    together with Qmail. Alternatively courier-maildrop if you have a highly
    patched version of qmail: courier-maildrop is REALLY powerful and can do
    many things, but to use it with qmail you need to add quite some patches
    (like for example the ones form qmail-rocks...).

    Thomas

  3. Re: qmail uni-code to sJIS conversion

    thanks for your reply.I am looking the same thing what you said

    need to have the mail converted form unicode to JIS (japaneese ) before delivery.Could you please help me how to fix this .

    "Thomas Goirand (GPLHost)" wrote:
    Radhika wrote:
    > Hi Guys,
    >
    > I am in a situation i really need experts help and the question is as
    > follows
    > I need to convert my qmail SMTP server mails uni-code to sJIS and send
    > it to the recipient.

    Do you need to have the mail converted form unicode to JIS (japaneese,
    right?) before delivery? If it's the case, then a simple mail filter
    that you would put in the .qmail would do the trick I think... If it
    does not, look at delivery programs like procmail that can be used
    together with Qmail. Alternatively courier-maildrop if you have a highly
    patched version of qmail: courier-maildrop is REALLY powerful and can do
    many things, but to use it with qmail you need to add quite some patches
    (like for example the ones form qmail-rocks...).

    Thomas

    How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messengerís low PC-to-Phone call rates.

+ Reply to Thread