    From: Chris Davies [mailto:davichri@cd-tech.biz]
    To: debian-isp@lists.debian.org
    Sent: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 22:55:54 -0800
    Subject: Firewall

    Hello,
    new to this place, so Hi everyone.

    I run a few servers on my network and am having problems with my firewall.
    I am finishing up my imap server but I can't connect to it, the error my
    firewall spits out is that it is a
    spoofed mac address (on the server side), I can connect to the local
    address' but will not anywhere where it has to go through my fw
    I run Debian 3.01(sarge) with Exim4, Dovecot imap w/maildir, also I have
    4 virtual IPs on this server, for intra(extra)nets.
    My firewall is Astaro Security Linux 6.
    My question is what is a good firewall these days, because I have about
    had it with this one.

    Thanx
    Chris

  2. Re: Firewall

    W.D.McKinney wrote:
    > What is the goal here? A firewall for your network as in external to internal ? Or is it for Spam/Virus problems?
    > More information would be helpful.
    >
    > -Dee
    > _____

    Sorry about that - It is for internal-external and DMZ, so I guess it would be a router/firewall.
    no spam, virus, or proxy.

    Chris