Can't ping - Debian

This is a discussion on Can't ping - Debian ; Hi, after an update of my Etch system yesterday, I can't connect to the internet properly via my DSL connection. After running pppoeconf and entering my user data and password and then connect to my provider with "pon dsl-provider", with ...

  1. Can't ping

    Hi,

    after an update of my Etch system yesterday, I can't connect to the internet
    properly via my DSL connection.

    After running pppoeconf and entering my user data and password and
    then connect to my provider with "pon dsl-provider", with ifconfig I can
    see that my ppp0 has a dynamic IP address. With plog I also see that
    I have been assigned two DNS servers. However, I can't ping any
    domains or surf in the internet.

    Any ideas what's wrong and how to solve this problem?

    The connection is OK since it works fine with my Windows box.

    Regards,
    Chris

  2. Re: Can't ping

    On Wednesday 19 July 2006 22:57, Christian Christmann wrote:

    > after an update of my Etch system yesterday, I can't connect to the
    > internet properly via my DSL connection.

    Hi, this list is for Internet Service Provider-grade installations. Please use
    http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/ for your issue.

    Regards

    -A