postfix hold mail - Debian

This is a discussion on postfix hold mail - Debian ; I realize this is a trivial question for you guys, but how do I get Postfix to "hold" mail till the customers exchange box (behind a firewall), fetches it? Making me the secondary mx, then transport map would just keep ...

  1. postfix hold mail

    I realize this is a trivial question for you guys, but how do I get
    Postfix to "hold" mail till the customers exchange box (behind a
    firewall), fetches it?

    Making me the secondary mx, then transport map would just keep trying to
    deliver it????
    I'm sure there's a little something I'm missing....

    --
    Highest Regards,

    Rodney Richison
    RCR Computing
    PO Box 566 - 118 N. Broadway
    Cleveland, OK 74020
    Phone: 918-358-1111

  2. Re: postfix hold mail

    Rodney Richison wrote:
    > I realize this is a trivial question for you guys, but how do I get
    > Postfix to "hold" mail till the customers exchange box (behind a
    > firewall), fetches it?
    >
    > Making me the secondary mx, then transport map would just keep trying to
    > deliver it???? I'm sure there's a little something I'm missing....

    add their _domain_ to relay_domains, not transfer, and your postfix will
    spool their email until the MX for their domain comes back.

    -Jim P.

  3. Re: postfix hold mail

    You probably want to look at "Fast Flush", and the smtp ETRN command --
    look in the postfix documentation for more details.

    A better solution may be to allow SMTP through the firewall to the
    exchange box, but only from the server running postfix.

    - Chris

    Rodney Richison wrote:
    > I realize this is a trivial question for you guys, but how do I get
    > Postfix to "hold" mail till the customers exchange box (behind a
    > firewall), fetches it?
    >
    > Making me the secondary mx, then transport map would just keep trying
    > to deliver it???? I'm sure there's a little something I'm missing....

    --
    Chris Jones
    chris@chris-j.net