Panel for the administration of a mail server - Debian

This is a discussion on Panel for the administration of a mail server - Debian ; Hi, I'm looking for a Web Panel for the administration of a mail server with MailScanner, Postfix and MySQL. Each program has it's panel: MailScanner -> MailWatch Postfix -> PostfixAdmin .... but I want to integrate it into one central ...

  1. Panel for the administration of a mail server

    Hi,

    I'm looking for a Web Panel for the administration of a mail server with
    MailScanner, Postfix and MySQL.
    Each program has it's panel:

    MailScanner -> MailWatch
    Postfix -> PostfixAdmin

    but I want to integrate it into one central panel.
    I'm searching for something that doesn't exists?

    Regards,
    Alvaro.

  2. RE: Panel for the administration of a mail server

    Hi,

    With some pruning you can use webmin. It has modules for postfix, mysql and
    yes mailscanner. However, I don´t know if the mailscanner one is still
    current. You can setup users to use just these three modules.

    Mailwatch does give more insight in mailscanners operation, the webmin
    module let´s you control it. So they don´t do the same thing.

    Gr,

    Bart

    I'm looking for a Web Panel for the administration of a mail server with
    MailScanner, Postfix and MySQL.
    Each program has it's panel:

    MailScanner -> MailWatch
    Postfix -> PostfixAdmin

    but I want to integrate it into one central panel.
    I'm searching for something that doesn't exists?

    Regards,
    Alvaro.

  3. Re: Panel for the administration of a mail server

    Alvaro Marín wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for a Web Panel for the administration of a mail server with
    > MailScanner, Postfix and MySQL.
    > Each program has it's panel:
    >
    > MailScanner -> MailWatch
    > Postfix -> PostfixAdmin
    >
    > but I want to integrate it into one central panel.
    > I'm searching for something that doesn't exists?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Alvaro.

    Maybe you should have a look at our control panel here:

    http://www.gplhost.com/software-dtc.html

    Our last CVS version (0.21) is about to be released and it includes
    amavis, clamav and spamassassin. Spams are sent to a convenient SPAM
    IMAP folder (and not lost forever) using courier-maildrop. I suggest if
    you can to use the CVS version that has a lot more features and bugfix.
    It's a complete tool to manage web and mail hosting.

    Since VHCS development is stopped (as the main developer decided to have
    a break), our solution is the only serious GPL alternative.

    I don't know a lot about "MailScanner" itself, why do you think it's
    best? If it's cool, maybe an integration could be possible (as we did
    for many projects like Cyrus, and others).

    Best regards,

    Thomas Goirand, GPLHost LLC Manager
    --
    Web: http://www.gplhost.com
    GPLHost:>_ Open source hosing worldwide

  4. Re: Panel for the administration of a mail server

    Hi,

    personally I am involved in the ISPMan project. ISPMan provides a
    distributed environment for web hosting, i.e. manages you httpd.conf,
    bind, cyrus and postfix stuff etc. It authenticates on a LDAP DB (e.g.
    openldap or SUN LDAP) and closely integrates with libnss and libpam.
    The management can be done via Web Interface or what we call the CLI
    tools. There is also a "userpanel" and a "resellerpanel".

    We do have "alpha-grade" support postgres via pam and there is a beta
    patch around for mysql; user-adjustable spamassassign is planned,
    currently the user could do some filtering-magic via "sieve" mailfilter
    language, which is implemented in cyrus (the are web-based sieve
    management tools out, e.g. squirrelmail plugin).

    debian package: we habe a /debian directory in the sourcetree, but it's
    only a proof of concept at the time.

    on ispman.net or wiki.ispman.net you'll find some infos, the #ispman in
    freenode is always there for you, too.

    rgds.
    Andreas

    --
    Andreas John
    net-lab GmbH

    http://www.net-lab.net

  5. Re: Panel for the administration of a mail server

    We (Manuel Castillo mostly) setup a wiki with basic information about
    all the free software control panels we know about at:

    http://wiki.debian.org/HostingControlPanels

    Right now this is a blind link, some big kahuna named "Joey" took the
    link off the front page as part of a large and probably necessary
    tidying. Eventually we'll have a go at creating a "DebianISP" page with
    links to the control panel page, and to other resources like this list
    and http://debian-administration.org

    Feel free to jump in and add info.

    Andreas John wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > personally I am involved in the ISPMan project. ISPMan provides a
    > distributed environment for web hosting, i.e. manages you httpd.conf,
    > bind, cyrus and postfix stuff etc. It authenticates on a LDAP DB (e.g.
    > openldap or SUN LDAP) and closely integrates with libnss and libpam.
    > The management can be done via Web Interface or what we call the CLI
    > tools. There is also a "userpanel" and a "resellerpanel".
    >
    > We do have "alpha-grade" support postgres via pam and there is a beta
    > patch around for mysql; user-adjustable spamassassign is planned,
    > currently the user could do some filtering-magic via "sieve" mailfilter
    > language, which is implemented in cyrus (the are web-based sieve
    > management tools out, e.g. squirrelmail plugin).
    >
    > debian package: we habe a /debian directory in the sourcetree, but it's
    > only a proof of concept at the time.
    >
    > on ispman.net or wiki.ispman.net you'll find some infos, the #ispman in
    > freenode is always there for you, too.
    >
    > rgds.
    > Andreas
    >

    > Alvaro Marín wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I'm looking for a Web Panel for the administration of a mail server with
    >>MailScanner, Postfix and MySQL.
    >>Each program has it's panel:
    >>
    >>MailScanner -> MailWatch
    >>Postfix -> PostfixAdmin
    >>
    >>but I want to integrate it into one central panel.
    >>I'm searching for something that doesn't exists?
    >>
    >>Regards,
    >>Alvaro.

  6. Re: Panel for the administration of a mail server

    We (Manuel Castillo mostly) created a list with some basic info about
    all the free software control panels we know about at:

    http://wiki.debian.org/HostingControlPanels

    Right now it is a blind link as somebody removed the link from the front
    page as part of a general tightening and tidying.

    Eventually we plan to create a wiki page for debian hosting with links
    to this list, http://debian-administration.org/ and our control panel page.

    Feel free to improve the wiki page, this is probably an easier way to
    contribute than submitting kernel patches. :->

    Andreas John wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > personally I am involved in the ISPMan project. ISPMan provides a
    > distributed environment for web hosting, i.e. manages you httpd.conf,
    > bind, cyrus and postfix stuff etc. It authenticates on a LDAP DB (e.g.
    > openldap or SUN LDAP) and closely integrates with libnss and libpam.
    > The management can be done via Web Interface or what we call the CLI
    > tools. There is also a "userpanel" and a "resellerpanel".
    >
    > We do have "alpha-grade" support postgres via pam and there is a beta
    > patch around for mysql; user-adjustable spamassassign is planned,
    > currently the user could do some filtering-magic via "sieve" mailfilter
    > language, which is implemented in cyrus (the are web-based sieve
    > management tools out, e.g. squirrelmail plugin).
    >
    > debian package: we habe a /debian directory in the sourcetree, but it's
    > only a proof of concept at the time.
    >
    > on ispman.net or wiki.ispman.net you'll find some infos, the #ispman in
    > freenode is always there for you, too.
    >
    > rgds.
    > Andreas
    >

    > Alvaro Marín wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I'm looking for a Web Panel for the administration of a mail server with
    >>MailScanner, Postfix and MySQL.
    >>Each program has it's panel:
    >>
    >>MailScanner -> MailWatch
    >>Postfix -> PostfixAdmin
    >>
    >>but I want to integrate it into one central panel.
    >>I'm searching for something that doesn't exists?
    >>
    >>Regards,
    >>Alvaro.

  7. Re: Panel for the administration of a mail server

    Hello,

    Thanks all for your recommendations. I'll try some panels and choose

    > I don't know a lot about "MailScanner" itself, why do you think it's
    > best? If it's cool, maybe an integration could be possible (as we did
    > for many projects like Cyrus, and others).

    MailScanner ( http://www.mailscanner.info/ ) is a project that is being
    developing too fast and every month there is a new release. It is
    programmed in Perl and is a batch process that picks up mails from
    incoming queue, scans them and then re-queues|deletes|quarantines them.
    It supports a lot of AVs, phishing detection, uses RBLs and
    SpamAssassin, it supports rulesets for all configuration parameters,
    quarantine support (that can be viewed/released with MailWatch -
    mailwatch.sf.net ), scripts detection in emails...etc.
    I use it with postfix in a lot of machines and I haven't got any problem
    jet

    Regards,
    Alvaro.

  8. Re: Panel for the administration of a mail server

    check here for more web panel tools http://www.debianhelp.co.uk/tools.htm good list of open source softwares

    "GPLHost (thomas)" wrote: Alvaro Marín wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for a Web Panel for the administration of a mail server with
    > MailScanner, Postfix and MySQL.
    > Each program has it's panel:
    >
    > MailScanner -> MailWatch
    > Postfix -> PostfixAdmin
    >
    > but I want to integrate it into one central panel.
    > I'm searching for something that doesn't exists?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Alvaro.

    Maybe you should have a look at our control panel here:

    http://www.gplhost.com/software-dtc.html

    Our last CVS version (0.21) is about to be released and it includes
    amavis, clamav and spamassassin. Spams are sent to a convenient SPAM
    IMAP folder (and not lost forever) using courier-maildrop. I suggest if
    you can to use the CVS version that has a lot more features and bugfix.
    It's a complete tool to manage web and mail hosting.

    Since VHCS development is stopped (as the main developer decided to have
    a break), our solution is the only serious GPL alternative.

    I don't know a lot about "MailScanner" itself, why do you think it's
    best? If it's cool, maybe an integration could be possible (as we did
    for many projects like Cyrus, and others).

    Best regards,

    Thomas Goirand, GPLHost LLC Manager
    --
    Web: http://www.gplhost.com
    GPLHost:>_ Open source hosing worldwide
    Web spaces featuring GPL control panel and Xen VPS
    Locations in Singapore, Sydney, Florida, Paris and Israel

    Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2˘/min or less.

+ Reply to Thread